Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Technical Problems  (Read 527 times)

shadow99

Technical Problems
« on: 08 May 2005, 04:26:34 »
Sorry, I don't know where this belongs. I usually post on this board in particular so hopefully someone might be able to put it where it belongs.

I used to play OFP all the time, then I had some computer issues. I want to get back into it, so I tried one of the default missions just to check how it performed.

About 2 minutes into gameplay, the game freezes for about 20 seconds, then carries on normally. Another 5 - 10 seconds after that, the game freezes for a longer period this time, then closes down and an error window gives me this message.

"CreateIndexBuffer failed 8876086a - out of memory?"

I think I have an idea of what that means but I have no idea what to do about it.

OFP is my favorite game of all time, pretty much. I'd do anything to get it working again... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
Re:Technical Problems
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2005, 09:06:29 »
Sounds like a viewdistance problem maybe?

Try turning that down in game/reducing the level of detail.

If you can't get ingame then try finding userinfo.cfg under users/your name and changing the viewdistance that way.

shadow99

« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2005, 09:53:34 »
Ah! I did turn it up recently, come to think of it. I'll go and change it now.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2005, 09:53:52 »
, I don't know where this belongs.
That's because technical support questions like this doesn't belong here.    OFPEC is not a general OFP site, it is an editing-related site.     In general, on any forum, if you can't find a board for your question then it's probably going to be off topic.  ;)

OFP is renowned for memory problems, most of which are solvable.   Check the Avon Lady's FAQ and the troubleshooting boards over on the official forums at www.flashpoint1985.com.   They are the right places to look for technical support.   I doubt you will have to make a post, the answer is probably there already.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2005, 04:22:00 »
Indeed... try the official forums.

# Topic Locked