Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help adding ammo types (vehicles)  (Read 977 times)

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
Help adding ammo types (vehicles)
« on: 12 Oct 2002, 09:16:10 »
Hey guys, hope someone can help with this cause it's been driving me (and now my wife) crazy since Friday.

What I'd like to do is add some specialty ammo types to vehicle weapons, namely smoke and flare rounds.  I have no trouble getting standard balistic or explosive rounds to work, but the smoke and flares just refuse to cooperate.  The most annoying part is that as soon as I remove the simulation="shotIlluminating" line (or "shotSmoke") the round fires, just without the desired effect.

I've tried rewriting my entire weapons several different ways:

1) Same as OFP standard vehicles, maingun with different shells.  This method allows the special rounds to be loaded just like the HEAT rounds, but the gun won't fire until you go back to one of the not-so-special rounds.

2) As an additional weapon, like the co-axial MG, press space and the weapon switches back and forth from the standard ammo to the special ammo. This method failed horribly and the game crashed when trying to change weapons.

3) As a "muzzle" for an existing weapon, as done for Grenade Launchers.  Allows the weapon to be selected and rounds changed, but they won't fire, standard rounds do fire regardless of the order in which the muzzles are placed or the base class used for the muzzle.

4) A few off-the-wall attempts... I changed the main weapon to "throw" and the tank can throw regular (un-modified) grenades but not smoke grenades.  Changed the main weapon to a Grenade Launcher and it can fire regular grenades but not flares.  Changed the weaponType from 65536 to 1 and the vehicle wont access the weapon ingame.

Even more frustrating, in testing I could fire smoke from a M16/M203 or AK47/GL and throw flares with my bare hands just like any other hand grenade.  Well, maybe not more frustrating, I think the bit about removing the simulation line and the thing firing is more frustrating.

I'm out of ideas  ???
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2002, 09:17:17 by DaCoroner »

Baphomet

Re:Help adding ammo types (vehicles)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2002, 11:30:28 »
Hm. I don't know, I'm just barely getting into this business of making weapons with multiple ammo/firing types. I just made a very sloppy spas12 with the ability to fire buckshot and tungsten solid slugs. However I don't really know how it would work for vehicles. Perhaps at some point of time I will find some inspiration that will give me the impetus to figure all that out.