Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem with Solidity, units drive through my Oil Rig!  (Read 1437 times)

Wadi

That is my problem.

The Oil Rig is in early stages yet, and no it isn't normally that size, I scaled it down so you could see my problem easier.

But I can drive boats and fly choppers right through it! It isn't solid! Why is this? ???
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2002, 21:36:15 by Wadi »

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
Re:Problem with Solidity, units drive through my Oil Rig!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2002, 09:48:25 »
In the geometry lod you will need to give the oil rig mass. Select all the parts and enter a mass figure. The mass entry box is on the lefthand side of O2s status bar. If that isn't visible go to Window in the menu bar and select Status Bar.
Next you will have to make sure each part is named : Component01.. Component02.. etc. You can do this by selecting Structure>Topology>Find Components.

Sometimes if you have done this and can still drive/shoot through the model you might have to check that each part of the model is closed.. Check this by selecting Structure>Check Faces or Structure>Topology>Find Non-Closed.
Hope this helps.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2002, 14:33:26 »
Hey there colonel klink!! Thanks!! It helped me!! Well partially actually... I'm making a wooden bridge for my afghanistan (I found out the way to put the MLOD format thingys in wrp editor!!)

Well,, now the soldiers will not go "RIGHT" through my bridge but after getting untop of it.  They shake violently then when you move, slowly, your body goes through the bridge then finally they fall through it (I died from a height of 200 meters because of this.... afghan terrains.)

I have 53 components since I have 53 squares which simulates the "wood" of the bridge and there is a little opening inbetween each squares... do you think maybe that is the cause?? I need help in this since without it,,, I have to keep on falling through the bridge dieing.....  'sound of wood breaking in pieces' "huh? What the,,, mamiii~~~~~~~~!!"    'splat....'

Another question... When I want to texture one face at a time, since my bridge, there is a lot of square,, I texture over other squares which I don't want to... so,, is it possible to hide some components?

Thanks.

paloma

« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2002, 07:52:20 »
Two things:

1. use the feature COMPONENT CONVEX HULL in your geometry LOD and it automatically creates components, closes sections, etc. saves u lots-o-time(tm).

2. Walking on geometry is a bad idea. You must make a roadway LOD, and place horizontal planes wherever there will be floors to walk on. they must be slightly above the geometry. Then you can walk on the roadways.

have fun! You have a good concept.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2002, 08:18:11 »
roadway huh?? OK!! thanks!! oh ya, is it ok to just copy and paste from the geometry LOD? another thing.  What is the acceptable mass in the Operation flashpoint so the units won't walk through? Also, when I set the mass of a "L" shaped building to 40000 it breaks up into something around 6666.6666 and then when I try the game, some part of the building will not allow you to go through but some part makes you go through it and it is really killing me...

Well, the roadway LODwill really help.  What is a pathway LOD?