Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: config .cpp question  (Read 1267 times)

LimeCordial

config .cpp question
« on: 05 Oct 2002, 19:03:43 »
what is the .cpp line for defining rate of fire for a machine gun?

Baphomet

Re:config .cpp question
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2002, 19:31:44 »

The variable "reloadTime=x.xx;" is what determines how fast (or slow) the cycles are between shots fired by a weapon. These are measured in seconds, as I was told in a previous query posted here a little while ago.

Naturally the lower the value the higher the rate of fire.
I hope thats what you were asking about. Otherwise I don't know of any other way to define firing rate o.o;

LimeCordial

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2002, 21:29:12 »
ah, thanks. just what i wanted. also, do you know how you could make it so you could choose between two types of ammo, like with the bmp2, where there is AP cannon and HE cannon? i would like it so you could 'Load HE Rounds' and then the mgun fires HE bullets? or isn't this possible?

Baphomet

« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2002, 05:08:04 »

You know what? I'm actually kind of trying to figure out a very similar thing except for infantry weapons (multiple weapon types/ firing modes). I'm having a bit of trouble with that myself. I'd imagine it would work in a similar way for vehicle weapons as it would for infantry ones.

I haven't quite figured that one out yet though.

LimeCordial

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2002, 14:00:17 »
yeah that's what i want it for. an infantry machine gun. (im editing the minigun to make it more 'fun'). let me know if yo work it out please?