Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Model Mission  (Read 485 times)

Lt.Moore

Model Mission
« on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:11:43 »
Hi guys,

I was wondering if a nice editor would be willing to take one of my missions and fine tune it turning it into some thing proffesional and finished. They are basic but have pottential. I would then like to be resent the missions so i can backwards engineer them and see how the more complicated stuff works; like scripts and how to make briefings, gear selection, ammo box initiliztaion, other initilizations etc.

If not, then would it be possible for some one to send me one of their completed missions in .sqm form so i can backward eng that and learn how stuff works.

I would be very gratefull if someone would take me up on one of my requests!
I shall attach 2 missions i have created in the following posts in Zip format.

The Bridge Defend one is based in Nogova and requires some addonns, the Mog Raid one is based on Mogidishu (spelt wrong) and requires BAS rangers addons as well as others.

Cheers for reading anyways,

Lt.Moore

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Model Mission
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:14:04 »
You will be pleased to hear that I've already done this.    The Tutorial Mission was specifically created for people like you.   It includes all the stuff you mention, like Briefings and Gear selection.  

Play it first (its a perfectly good little mission) then reverse engineer it.    You can use all the special files as templates for your own missions.

Also, read through the tutorials in the Getting Started section of the Editors Depot.    You'll find a lot of useful stuff there.     Abuu's Basic Editing Tutorial is particularly good for help on init fields.
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2005, 17:17:49 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Lt.Moore

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:15:46 »
Mog Raid

Lt.Moore

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:16:45 »
Bridge Defend

Lt.Moore

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:17:03 »
Cool thanks i will check that out....

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:50:04 »
I would suggest also that you might want to check out the Beta Testing Forum on this site. If you put our missions on there for comment I find you will get some very helpful feedback that will enable you improve your own mission - this is much more satisfactory that getting someone else to do it anyway.

Lt.Moore

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2005, 17:54:18 »
Yeah did think about that, but they would get slated as they have no advancities and niceites like intro outro gear selection etc etc- they dont even have a briefing

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2005, 20:04:13 »
Well just say so.  You will will get advice on what to do and if you ask - how to do it.