Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Window problem  (Read 907 times)

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Window problem
« on: 06 Feb 2005, 22:27:16 »
Problem ... Window making a soldier invisible

This is posted on Falklands and Bis forum too, to get as wide an audiance as possible.

I have 3 buildings, 2 of which have actaully had this problem solved, but I have no idea how I did it....  3rd building is more recent but does have the problem.  All have the canOcclude setting set to the same value... All are also using paa textures.

These are all WRP placed buildings, with the faces with alphas all set to top.  All have the canOcclude setting set to the same value... All are also using paa textures.  They should be giving me the same result as far as I can tell

Viewing through 2 transparant textures...

(its dark but thats the glass tint!!!, but you can just make out the bis solider model)

This was done with 2 faces NOT sharing vertices although the vertices occupy the same position, with the faces of course facing opposite directions... Thing is it works...

Viewing through 4 transparant textures...

Much like the images before, this time 2 sets of 2 sided alphas, again it works.

Nows heres the odd one..[/]
I had thought that I had followed the same procedures as I think I had done before (which I think was making the windows last) but it seems I maybe wrong, I just dont know..

As you can see I am NOT gettign the soldier model displayed beyond the alpha window...

Anyone got any idea how I may have solved this before...???

I have tried to alter the alpha order but the result is being able to see through the whole building to the outside when looking through the window. (and thats from other side of building)

It seems as though I have a problem with the alpha order and how it related to other items.
CBF Shipbuilding