Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem with loading a mission in Editor.  (Read 745 times)

Olphy

Problem with loading a mission in Editor.
« on: 24 Jan 2005, 00:20:53 »
Hi,

I've recently being trying to finish off my mission which is about 99.99% finished, but I have run into a problem.

After recently editing parts of my description.ext file I get an error message everytime I try to load her up in the Editor. When she loads up and I press preview I return to the desktop and this error message pops up:

"Out of reserved Memory (-710769 KB).
 Code change required (current limit 524288 KB).
 Total free 426621 KB
 Free Blocks 327, maximum free size 406588 KB"

This is oubvioulsy prompting me that the mission size is too big or something. (Which is weird as it isn't as big as most missions out there) But is this normal? Because my Computer has been playing me up somewhat recently and it might be down to this.

Thanks.

Bazzer.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Problem with loading a mission in Editor.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2005, 01:15:28 »
OFP does suffer from memory problems sometimes.    Head over to the official forums at www.flashpoint1985.com and check out the troubleshooting boards.    

Also try the Avon Lady's FAQ.

It's probably not the mission per se, more likely a combination of your OFP addons folders and your comp.    It is almost certainly not the case that your mission is simply too large.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:Problem with loading a mission in Editor.
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2005, 13:36:44 »
I recently had some problems whe createVehicling a custom object, OFP CTDt with that same error message, altough the numbers were of course different...
After I corrected one incorrect value in the object's config the problem disappeared...

So, probably in that description.ext editing something went wrong and that causes something to flood your reserved memory for OFP... (afaik)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.