Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What Program opens Config.BIN???  (Read 1466 times)

senator

What Program opens Config.BIN???
« on: 26 Sep 2002, 23:10:12 »
Simple dumb  8)question, :-[ but I don't have a clue!
Senetor ??? :P

Lucknow

Re:What Program opens Config.BIN???
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2002, 14:22:52 »
Try a hex editor like UltraEdit as a start, but only if you know how to use one (I tried but still don't know).

Otherwise you'll find already decrypted 1.75 config.bin files floating around but you might need to do some searching in various forums.

I also heard OFP manager does the job (can be found on this site in the editors addons) but have not tried it myself.

senator

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2002, 16:51:32 »
Thanks, I have tried to use a Hex Editor, but way to confusing!  I know that folks have the secret, but why they don't share it is beyond me.  I'll look into the maneger program to see if that is any good.  
Steve

Chaos_Creator

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2002, 18:03:31 »
OFP Manager should do the trick, but you need to install the Microsoft .NET framework before it will work, and I advise you to install the .NET Framework SP2 as well, so you don't leave your computer open to vulnerabilities.

I'm doing all this right now, so if it works...I'll post it up.

Good Luck.

senator

« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2002, 20:18:12 »
 8)Got my Answer, it worked!!!
Senator
thanks all 8) ;)

Baphomet

« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2002, 02:16:02 »
Will this OFP manager tool allow you to dump a .bin file to a .cpp or similarly legible text file?

... I just tried it and it doesn't really work well. Is there somewhere I can get a utility that dumps a perfect copy of a .bin file "# defines" et al?
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2002, 10:08:32 by Baphomet »