Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BOH Music  (Read 1307 times)

Lean Bear

BOH Music
« on: 21 Oct 2004, 18:39:48 »
Has anyone, played the Battle Over Hokkaido Mod?

The music for that is friggin' amazing. Does anyone know how to do it? As in what programs do you use to make music like that for OFP format?

Offline goki

• Members
Re:BOH Music
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2004, 22:37:10 »
First of all, I haven't played it. But I believe in you! It should be cool  ;)

"what programs do you use to make music like that for OFP format?"

My answer is not about the right format but;

My friend, I don't know how skilled you are in playing or composing music but if you know, at least, "the right keys to hit" in terms of creating aesthetic melody, mood with an instrument, then I can recommend you some software but if you are just an enthusiast, music making software hurt you really.   :'(

Cause, once, you have to know how to tell your "problem" through notes. There are still some over-optimist people, thinking that computers can let everyone make his/her own movies, films or music. This is a ridiculous lie of certain software companies and those self-seeker advertising people  :gunman:

I had taken music lessons when I was 12-15 year old kid. I have some talent, I guess... But I haven't gone to any music school. At college, I took several electronic music lessons from music dept. as elective courses and boom! :) making trance as hobby, now :) What I try to mean is that if you have your talent, take some music lessons to learn "the basic", then those software can help you really. Otherwise they hurt you much...  :joystick:   :noo:

Finally my recommendation; Reason.
I'm making music with Reason and it is a cuting-edge, state-of-the-art music production software. :thumbsup:

check the demo version out! :) and see heaven and hell yourself :) click below and there, click downloads and Reason 2.5 demo.

I plan to write tutorials about how to use Reason. Because it is a bit confusing for beginners...

So long

Software: Reason
Software producer: Propellerheads
http://www.propellerheads.se/
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2004, 22:44:28 by Gökhan - OPERATION FLASHPOINT TURKISH UNION »

Lean Bear

Re:BOH Music
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2004, 11:08:57 »
Cool, thanks :thumbsup:

I am quite skilled, musically. Enough so to be able to transcribe my favorite track from the BOH music onto guitar - which sounds really cool ;D

I'll download the demo when I have a better transfer rate - 47Mb would take about 9 hours for me to do atm.

Also, does anyone know who composed the music? Did they get someone like PNG to do it or did they, themselves make the music?