Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: PAA pics  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Big Ben

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
PAA pics
« on: 02 Nov 2004, 11:04:30 »
I'm making an island using WRPTOOL, and I have come across a small problem. The tool works just fine for me, but I'm having problems making the PAA pic for the in-game icon of the island. Is there another tool to make PAA files? I tried to use Paint Shop Pro 9 to make the alpha channel and the sizes range from 64x64, 128x128, and even 256x256. Texview works all the way to the point of the save itself, but crashes as soon as I hit save. If anyone can help it would greatly be appreciated.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:PAA pics
« Reply #1 on: 02 Nov 2004, 20:26:24 »
The island images are normally 128 X 128 pixels.

If you post your tga here .....in a zip.......I will see if I can gift it with an alpha channel for you.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Big Ben

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2004, 21:19:24 »
Thank you for the offer, but  I got some advice from this site
http://dhost.info/cwc/news.php on the matter, and I didn't even need to use an alpha channel. The only thing now is I got it in game, but I am not a script writer so I ended up having to use the under score to separate the islands name. Ex. My First Island would just CTD, so I had to do it this way My_First_Island. I used the example cpp file that came with WRPTOOL, but for my island I didn't know how to set it up. I took just about every island there is apart to see how it is done, but as you know every island is different, so that is the tricky part for me. I've  learned a whole bunch, but I'm still in trial and error mode with this island.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2004, 21:24:43 »
Glad you got it sorted out.

I'm sure you will get to grips with everything soon enough.

Once you know how it is done it becomes easy.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2004, 06:02:09 »
There's quite a number of comments about playing with the sample configs over in the WRPtool forums at http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi dealing with this very topic. I would caution you against using _ underscores _ in naming, as the OFP engine has some weird habits handling them, ie ability to transpose missions between .noe and .noe_2004. I think its a bad practice to use the underscores just from potential they have in getting stuff messed up when tags aren't used properly.