Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Air support via radio?  (Read 636 times)

Karik

Air support via radio?
« on: 06 Aug 2004, 10:21:18 »
I found quite useful script that allows player to call airlift to current position, board and fly where he wants and order a drop off.  It would be cool if someone would make a version of that script that calls airsupport (gunships etc.).

Im making missions with Vietnam-pack and could really use airsupportscript. Is it possible also to make choppers attack infantry more efficiently?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Air support via radio?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2004, 13:13:10 »
Use the reveal command on all baddies, raize their skill and let em fly lower. Then ask Macca, I dunno how he did it but the freakkin choppers in his Impossible Mission is more evil than an orange being spit out and drowned in purple tobasco sauce.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2004, 21:38:18 »
Evening Karik,

There is a useful script made by Skumball that allows you to order an LGB attack by an A10 by clicking on a map grid reference.
If you tye "Air strike" in the Editors Depot search engine it should turn up as one of the results.

What you could do is modify the raw guts of the script so that you could use gunships and other helos.

Good Luck,

Hauk

Karik

« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2004, 17:48:21 »
Thanks a lot, I will try that. :)

Karik

« Reply #4 on: 08 Aug 2004, 22:20:32 »
Ok, I have tried that script and also all scripts I can find. Those damn choppers and planes are useless against infantry. >:(

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2004, 18:38:44 »
Hey Karik,

You should change the script so that the helo/plane drops bombs and that will make them more effective against infantry.

Also you can change how many rounds are fired very easily in the script.
Worked a treat in my mission Operation Knife Blade :)

Good Luck,

Hauk

Bluelikeu

« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2004, 10:55:57 »
if thats doesn't work, and you want your heli, to work well against infantery, try out this script

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=19293

makes an UH60 MG circle around a markerzone and blast a way the enemy. It works against large groups. Download the script and check it out.