Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapon Edditing  (Read 1660 times)

SilentHunter_764

Weapon Edditing
« on: 25 Jul 2004, 22:48:58 »
Hello all

What Is ( and where can I get) the best weapon-making program for OFP? I am going to start making weapons for OFP, so I need a program.

Cheers,

looseKannon :gunman:          :help:

Kaliyuga

Re:Weapon Edditing
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2004, 23:17:17 »
 config files can be edited with wordpad ,  for modelling you want to get O2 , you can use some other modelling programs like 3DS and then import to O2 as well

O2
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/

:cheers:

Captain Courageous

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2004, 18:14:46 »
One of the best programs for importing models from countless formats is Milkshape 3D. It's got a free trial but it's only $20 to buy or something. It's rubbish for actually editing or creating models but it's a fantastic converter. If you team this up with another program called Anim8or, you can import fully-textured Half-life guns and stuff.

Check out www.freewebs.com/xtremeaddonstudios/projects for converted Half-life addons. They are all extremely high quality, and possibly some of the best on the web. My personal favourite is the M4 pack and Ak-47 pack, however the M4's don't seem to be properly finished, but still playable.

Milkshape 3D can be downloaded at download.com or maybe here (i'm not sure) but Anim8or can be downloaded in the editor's depot.

Victor78

« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2004, 07:39:57 »
If you are making your own models O2 is all you really need to make weapons and all other addons in ofp. It is fairly simple to use once you learn the basics.BTW the absolute bes tutorial ive found for making addons is here: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

it walks you through the process step by step. :) good luck

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #4 on: 03 Aug 2004, 19:18:57 »
o2 is easily the best tool to use for ANY OFP modelling, its absolutely free as well  :)

Ice Man 3:16

« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2004, 20:46:34 »
yeah, O2 owns.  Its so simple to use, if you can find a picture of a gun you can pretty much make a photorealistic model in about an hour.

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2004, 23:20:06 »
hmmm ok, have any o you guys ever heard of Gmax?

that is a modeling program to, maybe you could ue it for OFP?

LK