Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Putting own voices to OFP.  (Read 1588 times)

Offline MMFF

• Members
  • Mission Maker From Finland
Putting own voices to OFP.
« on: 09 Jul 2004, 21:10:25 »
Can I make my own voices and put them to OFP? If I can, how? I do know that this needs the *.wss decryptor and encryptor. I do have them and I also have unPBO and makePBO ::). PLZ HELP... :'(

:gunman:      :noo:    :help:
Do I need to play Operation Flashpoint to be here?

Offline MMFF

• Members
Re:Putting own voices to OFP.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2004, 13:35:46 »
Come on people, I need some answers!

Offline DesertFox

• Members
    • Bloody Days Mod Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2004, 14:35:58 »
OK I can't give you details, but....

You have to record every single word into .wav-format and then convert it to .wss. Then check the Commented Config and search and search 'til you find things like "voice path" (or something); there you will read a bit 'til you know, and then you'll tell us. ;-)

-DesertFox
DesertFox, Texturer of Bloody Days Mod

Offline RM Snipe

• Members
  • RM kicks butt!
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2004, 17:01:42 »
Hi Desert Fox,

If you have a sound blaster card,go to Recorder & rec your speech there.Save files as wav,mono,16 bit,41000hz max. All off the top of my head so hope is this right. Then use wsscod to convert to wss file. If you want to edit or mix your recordings first,you will need a program like sound forge.

RM Snipe.......

Offline MMFF

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2004, 07:34:40 »
I know that I must record all those voices and transform them to *.wss file. I have everything I need except good config skills but... nothing is impossible. Is a commented config made to 1.96? If not, I have 1.91s commented config. This is not a small thing to do. Use unpbo, look at the filenames and folders, record voices, turn them to *.wss, make config, makepbo them and put to addons folder.

MMFF (Mission Maker From Finland)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2004, 14:28:37 »
Can't you just convert the files to OGG, and make up a discription.ext file (Look in the editors depot, theres a few tutorials) or use Chris's OFP Script Editor (Also on this site ;))..
Then just use the playsound or say command..

If you are gonna redo the games sound.. Download the FDF mod, and look how they did it :)
- Ben

Offline MMFF

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2004, 21:19:07 »
NO NO NO!! I want my voice to the squadÂ's radio commands...
Example: "1(Kirch): 2, move to House 3 OÂ'Clock." With my own voice.

Nulear_Man

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2004, 12:09:32 »
all you have do is Go into your operation flashpoint dir then depbo Dta/sound (and Res/data/sound.pbo and maybe Res/Addons/O)
Then Record your voice for each sound file (Figure at least an hour)
Then RePbo The Dirs and done. if done correctly you should have your voice instead of The Normal voice

stoppelhopser

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2004, 22:39:27 »
Nuclear_ManÂ's suggestion is correct, but the drawback is you would not know which team member actually has that voice in the mission, because characters ar usually assigned randomly.
if, instead, you add your voice to cfgVoices class in original config, you can assign it by defining a cfgIdentities in your missions description.ext and set you voice class as the speaker.
i did that with a german voice pack and it worked. and note that each character has a set of ~200 single words... believe me, thatÂ's a lot to cut and paste ;)

Offline MMFF

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2004, 14:22:43 »
IÂ've got FDF mod and I have started making own voices to the game. Lots of work but I already ha about 2/3 of them made.