Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: desert island or plain  (Read 1557 times)

redfox

desert island or plain
« on: 15 Mar 2004, 03:52:25 »
Hi everyone is there a big desert level "island". I have been looking around and some talk about an iraq isand. But i never can find what happen to it.

Leone

Re:desert island or plain
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2004, 05:16:40 »
I think there might be a couple around here and there. I am working on 2 islands for OPGWC, but they haven't been released yet. One much older version was released ages ago (over a year), but we no longer host the file. Have a look around...or have patience!  ;D

MadAussie

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2004, 06:09:40 »
Gday Mate...

MadAussie here... Author of SE Iraq you may have heard about and also helping NOMAD w/ their Afghan isle
(as well as doing a SE Iraq version for OPGWC mod)

To the point... due to recent coop's with 3WX i am currently unsure of object packs status... This is needed for final work to be started on SE Iraq and Catintro (Afghan Isle from Nomad)...

However.. the good news is... Within a couple of weeks we (Nomad and MadMan Industries) will be releasing a preview/teaser pack...

It includes Catintro w/ land textures changed and a few landscape edits.. RAW but Playable... also this pack has been downsized to 15meg zip to accomodate these isles until proper packs released...(a 10meg tex file needed for Afghan isle)
Also an Extract of SE Iraq with much desert.. marshes... villages and one small city...

This will not be released through other news sites etc... as it is something to tide over our many team members and friends in the OFP community.

http://hooahman.massinfluence.net/cgi-bin/boards/ikonboard.cgi
MadMan Industries Forums...

MadAussie out...

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2004, 17:44:35 »
Theres a (aparently) good desert island thing here :
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5112

Only prob is that I'm still on 56k (Getthing BB in May)... And 55MB will take about 10hours ::):P

Theres others on www.ofp.info
(Islands, in the left hand side menu)

- Ben

hooahman

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2004, 06:58:05 »
http://www.ofpnews.info/ofp/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=10&min=10&orderby=titleA&show=10

Old version of my old mod (now under new name madman industries) Iraq isle.  Requires a lot of addons though :P

MadAussie

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2004, 05:01:31 »
Gday all...

The release of the Desert Teaser is being held back due to that reason.. amount of addons req.

Currently the addons req for the Desert Teaser is as follows;
CatIntro.pbo   (edited and w/ retextured and edited afghan isle  *not finished)   .. a compact 15 meg
AGS Industrial and Harbour
MapFacts Baracken and Mine Objects
And a small file included with other misc items like Zwadars soccer field and PCW rusty bridge

I believe the isle warrants the large D/L but others may disagree...
If its too much.. dont D/L it  ;D
Also for  updates.. all objects are zipped seperately so you can keep abreast of updates fairly easily by D/L the isle only.. 1meg

Isle is already in internal beta... Im just adding roads to the desert and a few more objects So the isle shouldnt be too far off a public release  :-X

(Im using WRPedit and is fairly time consuming hmm when is the next WRP utility coming out.. amix of em all would be good  :-\  )

Screenies soon at MadMan Industries forums...

MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2004, 08:46:01 »
Gday all...
Back again...

Screenies are up now...     8)

MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2004, 15:22:12 »
Gday all...

Things are in final process's now...
Trying to get misc objects into pack of their own before public release with the help of 3WX and co.. (repath etc)
But expect a public beta at our site or forums soon...
(beta is still rough as it needs more roads added and realism in parts but to get public opinion on it.. we will release it at our forums within days)

MadAussie out...
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2004, 15:25:04 by MadAussie »

MadAussie

« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2004, 15:25:35 »
Gday all..

Well its been more than a few days..

BUT

Release is Imminent!!

This week MadMan Industries @ Associates will release the following..

*Catintro.pbo with updated objects and original isle in basic BIS texture... downsized to 17meg

*NOMADA1.pbo which is basically a texture file for the updated afghan isle which has been renamed to save confusion and headaches for mission makers.. However this also includes a beta teaser of another of cats isles!

*MIA_DesertTeaser.pbo  which is our desert teaser isle.. At public beta this will still need many fences fixed... also a rougher coastline and some roads and xtra features..

*MIA_CatintroUp.pbo  which is our version of the Afghan isle.. ive added a river w/ rivercrossings and canyon with more deserts.. changed some roads to asphalt and added new great looking textures (NOMADA1.pbo)

Now for objects required..
*If you want the downsized original of cats isle (unedited).. no other files req. other than catintro.pbo 17meg
*The MIA_CatintroUp.pbo will require Catintro.pbo and NOMADA1.pbo (10meg)
*MIA_DesertTeaser.pbo will require a few though..
 Catintro.pbo ... MIA_xtex.pbo (1meg)...  either our current zip 4-5meg or file being worked by 3WX for us including all the req. miscellaneous objects plus more (thanks 3wx and Co)..  And im adding palms from Ebuds isle.. you'll need his latest v2 of Ilo isle or we'll provide link for actual req. pbo
Also the basic req addons for isles..
AGS Industrial and Harbour
MAPFACTS Baracken and Airfield/Mine objects pack w/ heaps
:)

Thats a few there but worth it guys.. check out our screenies
Remember thats 4 isles (although 2 very beta) and all up no bigger than cats original isle! (44meg)

Also for updates.. once you have all objects (3wx file exception) you will only need the 1meg isle updates for DesertTeaser and Afghan update to keep up..

Thats it...Coming Soon           8)

MadAussie out...