Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NVGoggles  (Read 1384 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
NVGoggles
« on: 14 Mar 2004, 19:54:08 »
I'm trying to alter the view colour when looking thru BIS's NVG.
I am trying to find this file,

modelOptics="optika_night";

Any ideas where I can find it?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Leone

Re:NVGoggles
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2004, 05:10:14 »
The model is in Data3d.pbo, but the colour itself is a mystery. The textures of the NVG optics do not contain the green colour and there are no settings which give a colour in its config. Bottom line? I suspect it is hard coded into the exe and therefore unchangable.  ???

Fishion

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2004, 10:17:12 »
Architects idea is not to change the green color but to get around the
noise stuff...

How about doing this:
Inherit the original NVG and change the Optica model?

Besides this there appears a
weaponvalue=5;
in the commented cpp file for the NVGs, what does this mean?

-Fishion

Leone

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2004, 11:07:34 »
Ok...he said colour not noise. The noise stuff can easily be changed by altering the textures in Data.pbo that make up the noise and installed in the same way as the Hisky mod.

Leone

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2004, 11:08:49 »
And you can't make new NVG goggles....it just isn't possible, or at least no-one has been able to. Have a look around....people have tried and failed many times.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2004, 18:02:44 »
actually you can change the nvg model and replace it by a modern nvg model but it would be unrealistic than everyone in game has the new NVgoggles :P

Leone

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2004, 03:27:18 »
Of course you can replace the model, but he was talking about inheriting from the NVG class.....and thats a whole different matter  :-\

cpt.Hawkeyez

« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2004, 05:42:36 »
Well What about if you check over on inquisitors site hes done it? not sure if they work but there animated and such and they look really good. I'll look around in the game workings and such see what other stuff I can dig up whats the NVG p3d name?
/CymPatheeY