Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Out of Memory Error  (Read 1627 times)

Kammak

Out of Memory Error
« on: 15 Mar 2004, 19:48:08 »
I have an addon which I downloaded.  It works fine.  I then un-pbo'ed it using "UnPBO.exe", edited the config.cpp, then re-pbo'ed using "MakePBO.exe.

I now get an "Out of Memory Error" one one specific weapon, which causes a CTD, but every other weapon works fine.

I have gone over and over my changes in the config.cpp and I can't find any typos, errors, whatever, for that one weapon.  BTW - I edited all of the weapons, not just the one that is now crashing.

I tried running "MakePBO.exe" with the options to NOT compress the various graphic files, but that made no difference.

So, is it possible that "UnPBO.exe" or "MakePBO.exe" is corrupting this addon is some way?  Or does it 100% have to be something I did in the config.cpp file?  That is the ONLY thing I touched, I didn't touch any of the graphics/models/sound files.

It crashes on this one specific weapon whether I equip it in an init line for the player, or pull it out of an ammo box.  Note that it doesn't crash when the script runs *loading* the weapon into the ammo box...only when I equip it from the box at runtime.  That made me think something got messed up with the graphic/model files during the Make/Un PBO process?

Any help is appreciated!

(If it matters, the file is "G36Commando.pbo" by Nicholas Vinen.)
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2004, 19:50:32 by Kammak »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Out of Memory Error
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2004, 20:51:57 »
You could try using StuffPBO instead of MakePBO to re-pbo the files.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Leone

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2004, 04:19:41 »
What version of OFP are you using and do you have "-nomap" on the command line of your OFP shortcut?

Kammak

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2004, 04:34:44 »
GOTY Version 1.91.

No I do not have that option in the command line.  What does it do, and should I use it to fix this issue?

Leone

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2004, 17:16:04 »
Ok....it changes the way files are loaded into memory.  :)

Right click your OFP shortcut, select properties and the target line change:

"WHATEVER\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

to:

"WHATEVER\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap

NOTE...there is a space inbetween .EXE" and -nomap. See how that goes.

And use StuffPBO  :P

Kammak

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2004, 19:10:56 »
Made the change but it still crashes on that weapon.  I assume its okay to add that cmdline option with another?

I have "...Resistance.exe" -nosplash -nomap

The CTD error message is five lines, first two lines are

"Out of reserved memory"
"Code change required"

With lots if numbers after both lines.

RE: The suggestion to use StuffPBO - is this a known issue with UnPBO, or is that just a preference?

Leone

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2004, 05:28:28 »
StuffPBO is used to encrypt pbos...Unpbo decrypts them. I think you meant MakePBO not UnPBO....but anyway. Yes there are people who have had issues with MakePBO. I know I have had various problems and now only use StuffPBO. Try that, and if you still get errors, then it is a problem with your addon.

Also does your addon contain any scripting?