Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: renaming an addon  (Read 1398 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
renaming an addon
« on: 09 Apr 2004, 17:57:46 »
I have some really nice retextured stuff waiting to be let out into the community. The trouble is that if anyone puts them into their addon folder, they will overwrite the original files. I don't want this and I'm sure no-one else does either.
How can I edit the name of the .pbo, and the config file so that both will be available to have?
Cheers.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

morcifiction

Re:renaming an addon
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2004, 12:05:31 »
Yo dood if you give me a link to your web site i downlod them i do not care if thay overid my fills it will be fun

Offline Marvin

• Members
  • One day they will come
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2004, 12:14:21 »
First you need to Unpbo the file, then change the Config file!
Dig through the file, you will find where is the show way to addon, change it to you`r! Also change the addon model name!
Is there any games than Flashpoint?

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2004, 18:19:30 »
I don't know how to do any of that stuff!
I need a (good)  tutorial on how to use the p3d texture swap utility, then I'll be away.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

RonMcAsskick

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2004, 18:56:16 »
it takes more than texture swapping, you also have to define new names for the units so that they will not overwrite them, you should also probably group them in a new object group to seperate them from the orginals.

Ron

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2004, 20:40:47 »
That's all well and good, but how do I do all that?