Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: o2 make selection...?  (Read 1318 times)

stoppelhopser

o2 make selection...?
« on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:27:14 »
hi here,

got one prob:
when i select all vertices of a soldier model, then hit E for the
"face properties", mark those refering to a texture and click on "make selection", i have a selection of all faces referring to this
texture... so far that works. but when i create a new entry for it in the "named selections" box, deselect it and try to select it again by the new name it always appears that the vertices are not referenced in that selection what in fact means i canÂ't select them anymore to edit the vertices...
if anyone understands what i am trying to say a n d has a hint or solution iÂ'd be very greatful :)
the purpose behind that is to define a group of faces for retexturing.

cheerz
hopser

zwadar

Re:o2 make selection...?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:40:52 »
when you create new selection,and deslect all vertices, you muts click into named selection window to some "white" place and than you can select yours selection.. It may help!

stoppelhopser

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2002, 21:45:12 »
@zwadar:

thanx for the suggestion, but thats not my problem. the problem is that when i activate the named selection only the faces are marked, but not the corresponding vertices.
i see the red squares around the vertices but the black crosses that represent the vertices are not visible.
i select all vertices of the model and hided them, then activated my selection, unhide it and the vertices are not shown! i found out that the vertices themselves are assigned to a different named selection. (named head injury)

zwadar

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2002, 23:59:53 »
so press "ctrl+shift+h" twice . Sometimes it only unhide faces, and secound press unhides vertices..

stoppelhopser

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2002, 13:23:47 »
YES! thats it, thanks so much zwadar. the proper work can go on now!
i even found out that it can be necessary to even press ctrl+shift+h more than twice. it seems that it depends on how many selections  a vertice is assigned to.

problem solved, satisfied!
 ;D