Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: La la la more addon ideas....  (Read 1869 times)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
La la la more addon ideas....
« on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:20:06 »
Posted this over on opflashpoint.org and people told me to take a hike...I present it to you, the denizens of the one true OFP site.

We need (not for me personally but for the "greater good" of OFP):

- P-38 Lightning and P-47 Thunderbolt - both good dual-purpose WWII aircraft...they were pretty good at air-to-mud so I think they're a must.

- Fw-190, Me-262, and Bf-110 - German fighters...something needs to counter those Mustangs, IL-2s, LA-5s, etc!

- pretty much every Japanese unit of WWII....some very old ones exist but nothing for Resistance, I think.

- some units from the other participants of WWII - Canada, Poland, Free France, Australia and so on...and plenty of others I haven't mentioned.

- Stuart light tank - basically a machinegun nest on wheels...it was obselete when the war broke out but it was a big help to Allied infantrymen when properly supported. Used by more than just the US.

- Greyhound armored car - reece vehicle with at least two different versions, if I remember right. Both are armed, and I can think up uses for them.

- Sherman variants - Duplex Drive (can "swim"), R3 (flame tank), 76mm longbarreled, 105mm howitzer variant, etc...some new flavors would be nice.

Moving out of Dubya Dubya Two...

- Nungs - these guys were Chinese mercs who fought alongside US special forces in Vietnam...by all acounts they were fanatically loyal, extremely brave, and very eager to kill.

- Montangards (sp?) - the Vietnamese tribesmen who were friendly to the US and were put to use as scouts and sentries by SF dudes.

- O-2 Birddog FAC plane - this is more of a personal request...it's a long story. This was one of the planes that spotted enemy movements in the jungles and called in the big guns...it packed a pair of rocket pods as well so it has limited offensive abilities...would be great if someone could integrate AI FACs into the CoC arty system....but I digress...

And some modern stuff...

- Stryker IAV - say what you will about it, it still hasn't been represented in OFP, and there are some neato variants (TOW carrier, 105mm cannon, engineer vehicle, etc)

- M113 "Wildcat" - Danish, I believe....they slapped a turret on the hull of an M113 and fitted it with a 25mm Oerlikon cannon....sort of a poor man's Bradley, but on an arguably more capable chassis.

- M113 ADATS - a mobile SAM system.  8 missiles fitted on an M113 chassis - it might rival the Tunguska.

- Avenger - A Humvee with Stingers and a .50 cal in a turret on the back.

Just a general list for those of you who make such addons and might be looking for something new to do :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:La la la more addon ideas....
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:28:42 »
Mmmm... Stuart... I would like to see one of those in the I44 mod. Also, those WWII US planes you talked about, can they carry paratroopers? 'Cause I miss that, you can't paradrop from choppers during WWII. ::)
The Avenger allready exists.
I dunno 'bout the others.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:35:19 »
Nope, those were both fighters.

Marcel made a C-47 transport plane but I wasn't impressed with it - time for an overhaul, methinks.

And where's this Avenger?  I haven't seen it... :hmm:

netta1234

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:36:29 »
want planes :D ? or what ?

netta1234

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:40:33 »
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2004, 21:42:15 by netta1234 »

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:43:22 »
I've seen Footmunch's planes - that's why those types aren't on the list ;)

netta1234

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2004, 21:44:58 »
:toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool: :thumbsup: :toocool:BAH!
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2004, 21:48:50 by netta1234 »

Jakerod

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2004, 00:08:31 »
ADATs is already around too... I think DKM made it. It was really fun especially when you were using them for AT purposes (even tho i know they were AA but it looked so cool with AT)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2004, 01:19:33 »
Yeah they made the M109 version; I suppose that's good enough.  I imagine that it's not nearly as mobile as the M113 version, but it probably doesn't make much difference in OFP :)

the do right man

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2004, 00:42:59 »
Check out : http://ofp.gamezone.cz
Look under addon,air

Some wwII airplanes, both sides, have fun ;)

Later 8)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2004, 02:02:53 »
Yep, seen them...Mustang, Spitfire, and Me 109.

* SEAL84 still wants P-38 ;D*

the do right man

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2004, 21:34:35 »
I think that would be great if somebody could make it :)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #12 on: 09 Feb 2004, 06:30:11 »
Bumpage for more ideas.....

M-8 AGS - as we all know, the US government refuses to get a suitable light tank for the Army to replace the Sheridan.  One was drawn up - the M-8 - and like the Sheridan it was supposed to support infantry and paratroopers.  105mm gun, upgradable armor, good speed and mobility....even though it was never put into production it would be great to see.

Hmm what else....oh yeah, the JSF....who's going to be the first to create it?

Let's not forget the F/A-18E!  Upengined and upgunned Hornet...very nice.

For all you realism freaks like me, a CH-54 Skycrane with a "people pod" and a cargo rope script would fill the role of Vietnam-era heavy lift chopper.

And now for my craziest idea....the Corner Shot weapon system.  This little gizmo attaches to a pistol and allows you to poke it around a corner without exposing yourself - you watch on a small TV screen and fire it remotely.  This is a very new invention, if I remember right - SWAT and SF teams worldwide are all over the Israeli designer to get their hands on this thing.

For pics and detailed info on all this stuff, Google it ;)

Offline Trenchfeet

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
    • Trenchfeet OFP Addons
« Reply #13 on: 10 Feb 2004, 05:29:42 »
those WWII US planes you talked about, can they carry paratroopers? 'Cause I miss that, you can't paradrop from choppers during WWII

go at check out WWIIEC or the news at ofp.info you may be in for a surprise there  ;D