Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HUGE gun bursts and texview basic query  (Read 1115 times)

marengo1

HUGE gun bursts and texview basic query
« on: 17 Jan 2004, 19:15:30 »
  Hello ;D, a simple one here, but so immersed with many tutorials as newbie modeller, now I'm in a state of seeing forest but no trees. >:
  After editing my tga files in PSP, now I can't get the tga file to save back as a .pac file. I tried using texview to change it back to pac from  its tga,/ then jpeg. The file dimensions are correct. Please let me know what I'm OBVIOUSLY neglecting to do[or tool not using] in not getting the pac. back from edited tga/jpeg?  :-\
   Also if you can ,throw some more links to personnel modelling my way and if you can ::) outline a 'brief' step by step for personnel modelling. I'm sure there're lotsa newbies like me desiring this
basic info.

"The appearance of law and order must be upheld- even while it's being broken!"

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:HUGE gun bursts and texview basic query
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2004, 19:55:07 »
Plz only make 1 post about the same problem.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

marengo1

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2004, 23:57:36 »
[ducks the gunbursts]
sorry 'bout that, but making 1st model and being stumped at an almost finished 1st stage, I really want the quick fix to my simple problem-  answer must be a one/two- liner I'm sure! thanx again

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2004, 01:13:29 »
I think the targa needs to be 24 bit uncompressed for loading into Texview and then conveerting to .pac.

Try it anyway.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

marengo1

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2004, 07:42:15 »
thanks Plank. I did finally get the .pac back ,.... but was odd,Is it normal if u use texview when u change back to pac from jpg, the 'save as'  in texview the converted image still shows as .jpg after u try to save as '.pac' ? what i ended up doing was manually changing the extension to pac AFTER doing the convert in texview- it did work though... I'll try your way now, maybe thats the easier route after all.

"......I don't know what they do to the enemy,but by god they scare me!"Wellington, in the movie Waterloo

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2004, 20:22:45 »
I normally save the image as targa.........load it into texview ....then save it from there as .pac or .paa.

I don't bother with .jpg.

And it is best to check you are saving as Type ...Textures(*.paa,*.pac) and then manually insert the correct file extension.....i.e.........paa or .pac if the jpg is still present in the filename.

But watch out for strange situations....sometimes texview will save the file as file.pac.paa......in which case you will need to remove the .paa part from the filename yourself.

Planck
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2004, 20:25:13 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

marengo1

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2004, 03:46:18 »
Good stuff! Thanks Planck ;D.......... u've heard it a million times I guess but u really do us noobs a service helping with our sorta 'obvious' enquiries, that others r inclined to glance over.

[size=1]"oh what a tangled web we weave....."[/size]