Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Before Beginner  (Read 1620 times)

TonicRage

Before Beginner
« on: 15 Sep 2002, 02:50:39 »
I have a small jiffy problem with O2 light, I don't know how to do a blasted thing with it. sure I can make vertexes and turn them into a face, but is it possible to say group two faces to form an object or is it all by the eye, get the edges close enough so you see no space? I've read the tutorials from the flashpoint1985/breathe site, but they are no good, can't seem to decipher them. Also can't figure out how to add texture to a face. Tried what the tut said but no go. I need this stuff explained in like pre beginner.

Cedaie

Re:Before Beginner
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2002, 09:36:41 »
I suggest not using O2 for modelling....seriously

www.wings3d.com

get that ;)

stoppelhopser

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2002, 14:18:13 »
why not use o2 for modelling? read that quite a few times now, is there anything you canÂ't do with o2?

anyway:
to group vertices and faces, select them and with RMB in the "named selections" window choose "new", type in a name, and there you have your group. vertices and faces can even be assigned to multiple groups, and a single vertex can also be used for multiple polygons.
also check this thread for reselecting groups:
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.phpboard=47;action=display;threadid=1583

for texturing:
in o2 switch to texture mode by pressing A. then drag a square with LMB, and with RMB in that square choose "load texture". if your texture is gif or tga o2 will convert it to pac and put it to the current working directory in tha subfolder given by "texture prefix" in the options menu.
if you do not see the texture in the background by now you may have to unhide it by the RMB menue in the texture box.
now resize the texture to fit your faces and press B. now the texture is aplied.
but note that the faces you want to texture have to be selected (red) before press B, otherwise it wonÂ't do nothing

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2002, 15:05:27 »
Everyone is missing his point.

He want's to make two faces that are connected to eachother, sharing vertexes.

:::

Now those are your vertexes, right?

Select the first four
[::]:

and press F6.

Now select the last four
:[::]

and press F6 again.

Now you have two faces, both connected at the center edge.

I hope you understood what I meant, if not, lemme know and I'll take some screenshots and e-mail them to you.

Cheers, KTottE

PS You need to enter "Select Verices" mode. Either press F4, or go into Edit -> Edit modes -> Select Vertices

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

TonicRage

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2002, 15:48:11 »
Thanks Guys I'll try that, see if it works.