Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Non re-spotting gun recoil. I used to know how.  (Read 771 times)

Baphomet

Non re-spotting gun recoil. I used to know how.
« on: 15 Nov 2003, 04:03:07 »
Does anyone recall how to make gun recoils so they don't reposition themselves after climbing? I used to be able to do this, and I've forgotten now. I wish to replace said recoils for my cpp addon for all the sniper rifles so it discourages people from aiming too easily and trying to rapid fire all the time.

Any info would be appreciated.

Baphomet

Re:Non re-spotting gun recoil. I used to know how.
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2003, 06:24:38 »
Unfortunately. I've read that. I don't know what I did oh so long ago to the DKM PSG1-SD to make it not... go back to 0,0 and just move up from the recoil... and then stop. However I've searched all my old addon cds and I can't find the modified one... and I forget how. This unfortunately doesn't tell you how to do that. Maybe you can't anymore. Dammit. Sniper rifles are so rigged without having to switch to and from optics to re position your aim.

I don't know if any of you have ever fired a big rifle but if you try to shoot in sequence at a target through optics on something like a 30-06 you just can't not unless you have arms the size of tree trunks. The recoil including a high power scope just messes it all up and you have to take a peek off the sight to line up again.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2003, 06:31:33 by Baphomet »

sanam

Re:Non re-spotting gun recoil. I used to know how.
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2003, 23:39:33 »
I must say I don't understand you.
Everything is on these lines:

(from Tactician link posted up there)

In each recoil preset there can be any number of "reference points" telling the weapon where to go and how fast to make the change.  Each point is made up of three elements:

1. time to make the change (in seconds)
2. amount the gun is kicked "back" (offset)
3. amount the gun is kicked "up" (angle)

For example, BIS's basic rifle recoil looks like this:

riffleSingle[]={0.05,0.02,0.04, 0.05,0,0};

So just change the two last "0" settings && your gun won't go back. Those are the very first lines of the tutorial I posted.

RFM, as one uses to say.
I usually try to post precise stuff.