Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: backpack  (Read 4219 times)

Mr_Shady

Re:backpack
« Reply #15 on: 06 Oct 2003, 23:39:11 »
This could be very handy for MP missions, since it can be fiddly to have to grab the demolition dude's bombs off his body. Now we can grab his pack and run off  :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #16 on: 07 Oct 2003, 07:40:55 »
I dunno about ammo, I like when the player is low on ammo, creates some kinda panic. But you can use it for much more things as well. Mines, Satchels for ambush missions, a secondary gun if your sniper/Spec Op goes bad, perhaps you can put a LAW Launcher and some missles there if you are allready carrying a radio(SEB Nam Pack 2) or why not some flares to mark out posses for other squads, but there's too many posses than you can carry flares wtihout risking that you'll run out of ammo.

The biggest problem me thinks is how you equip it, you can't access it in the gear selection briefing, but how'd decide what's going to be in it? Yea, OK, you can put in stuff via ammo crates but that ain't cool. :P

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2003, 07:42:14 by The real Armstrong »

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 07 Oct 2003, 23:20:01 »
Well first of, let me just congratulate you on an damn fine idea :thumbsup: ...I have been wondering why no one's ever done anything like this before ::), once again great job :) :thumbsup:.
So I downloaded this, first from ofp.info, extracted the contents of the .rar,  :oand noticed to my horror that the file was in .p3d format :o... I'm pretty shure that AddOns are suppose to be in .PBO format :hmm: ::)... I tryed to rename the file extension to .pbo, but my assumptions of that failing where correct (unfortunetely :(). Well then I checked out this thread, used your link here and got the same thing :-\. So could you be so kind and correct this, or just e-mail this to me ASAP. Cus this bag of yours looks friggin gooooooood, and I'd make god use of it in my mission. :thumbsup: :cheers: :wave:

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: 07 Oct 2003, 23:47:02 »
I dont understand why some only get the p3d-file?...... Its a rar-file and it contains 1.backpack.pbo  2.unpboed addon-folder  3. example-mission   4. readme.

But I can mail it to you Bizon because I dont know what to do to fix it.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2003, 23:47:41 by andersson »

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 07 Oct 2003, 23:51:32 »
 :wow:Thanks alot mate ;D :-*
*jumps up n' down in joy*

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 08 Oct 2003, 00:10:44 »
 >:(Damn outlook express, denied me acces to the attached .rar file, I don't know why but, anyways could you try sending it to my hotmail account instead ::) sorry for the inconvinience :P
its... Bizon84@hotmail.com

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 08 Oct 2003, 15:53:51 »
 :hmm:Hmm... I thoght WinAce was the best compression\extraction-program out there an could handle any filetype... guess I was wrong, looks like it didn't handle .RAR very well. ::) SoOOo I downloaded WinRar and got a much better result ;). In other words it wasn't your links or anything, it was the damn software I used :o :P Sorry for that. works god now ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2003, 16:41:43 »
WinRAR is the best. Can't understand why every1 use WinZIP :P .

I'll d/l the addon as soon as I'm back from my "utvecklingssamtal" . ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: 08 Oct 2003, 17:00:55 »
A little update: My account at www-freewebs.com/andersson are frozen.

"The page you are looking for has expended its monthly bandwidth allowance and will be frozen until more is purchased or its bandwidth is reset. "

Thats bad because it was the only place where you could download Mr Greys improved version with sound...  :-\

But you can still download my first version at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2003, 17:03:39 by andersson »

Rockape

« Reply #24 on: 02 Nov 2003, 00:27:17 »
Lo Guys,

Andersson has already seen this...

I've replaced his original models and textures with a British Military PLCE Bergen.  There is a pic attached.

The texture mapping isn't particularly brilliant (I'm still getting to grips with O2) and the Shoulder straps aren't in the right position yet but I thought I'd share it.

You can download it from HERE

All feedback is welcome.
« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2003, 03:01:40 by Rockape »

wi77ard

« Reply #25 on: 02 Nov 2003, 01:29:06 »
thanks rockape, i wanted to do the same but couldnt get to grips with the whole texturing thing.

i wish they made all this alot easier i have tons of ideas and spare time but just no clue on how to do it.

ah well thank the gods we have people like you who read my mind lol

Torak

« Reply #26 on: 04 Nov 2003, 09:33:48 »
Hmmm... "Rockape".... You're in the RAF Regiment?

A mate of mine from the ATC's in as a gunner, think he's a Cpl now.

Rockape

« Reply #27 on: 04 Nov 2003, 12:32:38 »
Hmmm... "Rockape".... You're in the RAF Regiment?

A mate of mine from the ATC's in as a gunner, think he's a Cpl now.

I was until a few years ago. Now I sit behind a desk pushing a mouse round all day.  Something of a change in career direction. ;D

Torak

« Reply #28 on: 04 Nov 2003, 17:49:10 »
Hehe... another ex-Rock I know now runs a security company in the States; he was very chuffed when he'd just taken delivery of about fifty MP5-A3....