Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animated weapon parts?  (Read 1126 times)

Laser

Animated weapon parts?
« on: 15 Apr 2003, 09:38:11 »

Well, here's the question: can weapon parts be animated just like anything else? Suppose I'd want to make collapsable stock or a bipod, or just make closing/opening scope covers? Is that really possible?

DeadMeatXM2

Re:Animated weapon parts?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2003, 15:31:44 »
no... weapons cant have custom animations  :-\

its just not in the game code...

you can tie things like topslides to the "zasleh" (muzzel flash) so it looks like the slide is moving, but for regular weapons, thats about all you can do...

Laser

« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2003, 11:56:12 »
aw heck... that's just too bad.

marsuk21

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2003, 20:29:17 »
would it be possible do to some thing similar to the muzzel falsh but independant, so for example, at the start of the reload animation the magazine desapears then at the end it reapears?

sanam

« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2003, 10:30:54 »
 :D If you look at an M16 with mortar, you'll see an animation: First WITH the stuff attached, then you shoot it & it disappears from your gun (Well, huh, ok, sorry it's silly :o). It's actually an anim, cause there you have 2 guns, one with it and one without: in the config file, the second one is called "modelspecial" instead of "model": Here is a short screenshot of one of my project, but it actually comes from a guy called "pathfinder":

weaponType = WeaponSlotPrimary;

model="\model\model.p3d";
      modelSpecial="\model\modelf.p3d";

recoil=sniperSingle;
      recoilFixed=RiffleSingleFixed;

displayName = ...And so on

So try doing a "double weapon", "Double P3D File"i.e. identical but for the moving part, and you got a pre-firing and post firing difference.

??? as I'm not working on an automatic weapon, I don't know if you can mix this with "autoreload" and your rate of fire.

;) But at least it's a way to have a two-pics anim on it.

;D And you CAN have a mortar behaving like a LaserGun of 20.000m range, no prob, just twist the CfgAmmo settings.

:'( Sorry no answer for a Great Reload Magazine that would do it.
I'd love it.

Cheers
PeacePunk

KyleSarnik

« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2003, 13:05:56 »
They only problem is that the modelspecial is defined in the magazine, witch means that mag can ONLY be used on one weapon, or elese when the mag was loaded the gun would change to the modelspecial model, so its not perfect. For me, more compatable mags are a lot better than one-weapon mags (JAM)..... However, I was wondering about setobjecttexture. If it could be used on weapons, you could make some scripts. And of course if your talking about a bipod you could make a model with it up and with one down and make a script (script #1) that checks if the unit has the weapon, then gives you an action (like "Bipod Down") then a script (script #2) tjat makes you reload and about half way through replaces the gun with the bipod down model, and then replace the action in script #1 by waiting until he has the bipod down weapon, and then deleting the action and creating a "Bipod Up" one and then just do the oppisite for Bipod Up and then just repeat the whole script...

Vyper

« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2003, 21:12:23 »
there was a COLT1911 that had an animated slide on the top of it i had once.....can't remember who by though i'm afraid, but that can be done

Vyper

sanam

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2003, 18:10:01 »
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=2801

Those guys are into the same conversation. Check it if you haven't allready.

Peacepunk (is TOTALLY lost when reading Kyle-Sa Post. My stuff is a  workin'animated-Two-Pics gun firing stuff, that's all. I can't help with Bipods, Reloads & so on)