Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Don't see people on map!  (Read 786 times)

DarkCell

Don't see people on map!
« on: 06 Oct 2003, 16:36:59 »
Hey I got a real problem!   :o That's What all the people do in here offcourse  ;)

But ok..My problem is,I make a Multyplayer Co-op and then when I play the game I don't see myself on the radar and the other people don't see themself either  ???

So can you people PLZ tell me how to get myself on the radar again you know what I mean The map where you can read the Briefing to

I just wanna see that round circel again so I can see where I'm moving towards...Plz help me!

Greetz Darkie.  :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Don't see people on map!
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2003, 16:44:33 »
This sounds like the classic Cadet mode problem.    When you can't see yourself on the map it's when you're Previewing the mission in the Editor, right?     That's because the Mission Editor defaults to Veteran mode.

Go back to the main menu, select a mission and choose Cadet mode.   You don't have to play the mission.    Now go back to the mission editor and all should be well.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2003, 16:47:06 »
That's because ya used to cadet mode, you... N00b! Shut up Armsty! That was not kind of you! Now beg the gentleman to forgive you! Will you forgive me? ;D

Anyway, Veteran mode is sooo much better, so get used to it.

Or, you could search the forums and find one of the billion times this has been answered before and look what they did.

G'day!

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

EDIT: D*mn, Macca was faster.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2003, 16:48:09 by The real Armstrong »

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2003, 00:00:57 »
Anyway, Veteran mode is sooo much better, so get used to it.

It's only better once you've gotten used to the game, OFP was insanely difficult for me when I first got it (*m21man sighs, remembering those dark, unenlightened days* ;D ), and I would have gotten nailed even more had I been stupid enough to set it to Veteran mode at first.

And DarkCell, get used to the compass if you want to navigate in Veteran mode :P .