Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 3Dmax to O2 nightmare  (Read 1184 times)

sgt chunder

3Dmax to O2 nightmare
« on: 13 Aug 2003, 03:49:36 »
Can any one save me from ripping my own eye balls out of my head in frustration. Im having problems with my models when they are exported into O2, they basicly look the same but a lot of vertexes have been shunted around all over the place creating all kinds of mess.

It seams that the simpler the object the beter the import works. For example I imported a FAMAS and it looked great (although it was 50ft long in the game, oops!), where as a PT-76 just went crazy.

If any one can help it will much apreciated.

swift88

Re:3Dmax to O2 nightmare
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2003, 17:15:19 »
i presume you have exported it via a .3ds file and imported it striaght away........ well if so you are doing the right thing.......next you import it...............if you already know this bull then sorry but its beeter to explain all of it................... in the import menu, you have a scale factor at the right. I select all the parts which are in the menu and there should be a thing saying master scale..... 1 : 10......... well instead of the 10 change it to 50......... (that works for me) and then press ok........... i have to admit that the parts jumbled around o2 due to a bad import can not be avoided but im sure you can move it about by pressing control and the right mouse button and up and down using the left mouse button and control............ also it helps if ure looking in o2 or the prespective view to press ALT and move the view about with the right mouse button............ and finally (ill shut up in a min) you can change the faces side by pressing W (a fault of the 3ds's imports some times appear inside out)
SWIFT
[img removed]menu.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2003, 17:17:10 by swift88 »

sgt chunder

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2003, 03:47:22 »
Thank you for the reply, but things seamed to sort them selfs out for some reason. O2 can really be a big huge steaming pile of badger dung some times.

swift88

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2003, 16:34:49 »
hehehehe ull get used to it

Offline NZXSHADOWS

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2003, 01:10:05 »
Try "Attaching" everything before you export to .3ds in max.