Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon doesn't show up in-game but no error  (Read 768 times)

Kaliyuga

Addon doesn't show up in-game but no error
« on: 28 Jul 2003, 20:53:00 »
 Hmm... thought maybe some of you other addon makers had come across this one....

Putting some of the finishing touches on the submarine this week and while going about adding the CoC Torpedos to the boat last night I ended up with a strange problem.

I was adding all the proper weapon classes, event handlers, and such to the config and only had one missed semi-colon  that was holding me up initially...

so I fixed it.... and went to check it out in-game and OFP loaded up just fine, but when I went to the ME my sub was nowhere to be found  :o

I have a saved test mission I've been using for the submarine and when I tried that out I got the following error message
"no entry config.bin/cfgVehicles ECL_KL42o"

So  what could make my unit disappear from the ME by altering the config.cpp of said unit?

and how would I go about fixing said problem?

Our scripter/config.cpp dude  is on holiday for a week...  but I'm still hopin to get some of the less intensive stuff done ASAP

:cheers:

Kaliyuga

Re:Addon doesn't show up in-game but no error
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2003, 19:40:30 »
anyone?   any guesses even ?  ::)

Iva

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2003, 21:42:44 »
I realy dont have idea i would need to it.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2003, 22:00:00 »
could you post your cpp file here than maybe I can see it or someone else ;)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2003, 04:36:45 »
 I'll probably just wait till LCD comes back I'm sure he'll be able to figure it out...  

just thought maybe this was a problem someone else had encountered with an easy fix I was overlooking somehow....

Not really willing to make the sub config.cpp public information as of yet
but once the addon has been released of course it will be available ;)

thanks anyways guys ...

I will however leave this open for a little longer in case someone else has any experience with this problem
:cheers: