Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help Needed [Texturing]  (Read 997 times)

Belgerot

Help Needed [Texturing]
« on: 15 Jan 2004, 00:09:13 »
Hello,
I am new to modifying OFP and I need some help on texturing. I would like to retexture most of the Soviet vehicles (land), but I would only like to replace the Soviet star with another insignia. What type of program works best? Which programs do I need to open up the files in order to get to the picture files? I hope someone can help me out, the help will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to work on a mod based off of Behind Enemy Lines.
I just need to redo the insignia on the T80, T72, BMPs, Uaz and Ural.
Thanks Again.

shawm3

Re:Help Needed [Texturing]
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2004, 22:18:47 »
first you would need texview to find and convert the pac or paa files to tga so you can edit then and for a program use something like jasc paint shop Pro thats what I use.
you would need to find the textures for the symbol and hex edit the p3d model to put the new symbol in.

I hope this help but I'm not good a exampling thing. ;)

Offline DesertFox

• Members
    • Bloody Days Mod Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2004, 14:29:23 »
Hey
You should get texView (by BIS) and Paint Shop Pro (by Jasc) first. Then you open all the texture files of the vehicle (beginning with "UAZ_" for example) with texView, then search the one where the insignia is.
Now, take a screenshot of the Desktop (REMEMBER leaving the texView window open) with Paint Shop Pro (if you don't know how to, look in the help files or ask me again) so you have the paa/pac picture in PSP. Now select the only area where the pic is in (be careful: there is a black border around it) and save it as a jpg file.
BUT BE CAREFUL: Paint Shop Pro automatically saves it in size 255X255 for example, but texView and OFP can only display them in sizes 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 and so on, so resize the image.
Now you must have the Texture Swap Utility to open the vehicle's model. So do that and look for the original name of tze insignia texture, and change it to your jpg file name (remember adding a folder name; the Folder name should be named like the final PBO, remember adding a \ at the end). Then save the P3D, PBO it and get ingame...

If that was too much, you can contact me with ICQ/AIM ... ;-)
DesertFox, Texturer of Bloody Days Mod

Offline DesertFox

• Members
    • Bloody Days Mod Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2004, 15:51:49 »
Hey shawm3, don't you read the topic anymore or don't you wanna answer anymore?!

Everyone reading this, please go on my topic:
It's  http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.phpboard=13;action=display;threadid=15677
DesertFox, Texturer of Bloody Days Mod