Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating Ramps  (Read 1167 times)

StonedSoldier

Creating Ramps
« on: 07 Jan 2004, 12:58:50 »
Yo, im sort of new to OFP modelling and i was at attepting to creat a stunt ramp that vehicles can drive up, i read brsseb's guide and altered the crate to look ramp shaped but in-game my soldier or vehicle just sunk through it,

so basically i was wondering if there is a oxygen "How to create ramps" tutorial

thankx

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
Re:Creating Ramps
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2004, 14:09:04 »
Dunno if there is, but sounds like you need to create a geo LOD (to do one in a hurry, right click your original model lod (the one that says 0.000) and "duplicate", then go "properties" on the new lod and change it to geometary. then you need to select all the points on the Geo lod, create a named selection (its in the final drop down menu, under "named selectons") called Component_01 (i think....im doing this wholey from memory because i dont have O2 to hand)

Then you need to do the same again, only make the next LOD a "path" (i think, might be a road or something instead), and move the surface of lod up vertically ever so slightly., so its above the rest of the model, otherwise youll start bouncing round like crazy.....

Hope i'm along the right lines, as i said, its all from memory....

StonedSoldier

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2004, 15:23:21 »
I tried that it doesnt seem to work, but that'll prolly be because me being a noob at OFP modelling,

sry to waste your time but could you go into more detail on what ive got to do

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2004, 18:55:39 »
does it have a roadway lod?

StonedSoldier

« Reply #4 on: 08 Jan 2004, 10:24:01 »
thankyou very much for your help, ive totally got my ramps working as planned.