Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LST modifying  (Read 1618 times)

gadolinite

LST modifying
« on: 18 Jun 2003, 05:53:19 »
where is the LST ship 3D model kept?

how do you get at it?

The LST is a dummy ship (vehicle) (mostly for decoration, more than anything), and I want to modify it so it is a normal water craft.  I intend to do cfgvehicles class to inherit the Mark 2 PBR properties and alter them to slow and sluggish properties, to what a friggot really is (the LST).

The gun turret on the LST will become a rail gun, once completed.  The effect will be 3D modeled spirals from the barrel with a sabot (with very high hitpoints) at the end.  It will have a "pggooh" custom sound effect (i may extract the gauss rifle sound from "mechwarrior4", if this abides by copyright rules, if not, I will find one out there somewhere).  

How do you animate a revolving gun turret, and do other animations?

Shaggy

Re:LST modifying
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2003, 09:40:53 »
Whoa!

Yeh I will love someone to come up with an animation like that..and that mech warrior 4 sound effect seems pretty great, i know what you mean by the pggooh sound ;)

If i knew how to animate models in OFP i would do it for you, but...I dont :( Never the less there are "K-RAD" designers in this forum and i know theyd be glad to do that for you because it seems like a good idea. Though I havent browsed through every thread and post within this Forum and this game has been out over 2 years so i'd say there has already been numerous questions asked and MAYBE solved!

Good Luck though..cant wait to find the answer to this question.
:joystick:

gadolinite

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2003, 21:53:12 »
what about the LST model?

I will, shaggy come up with an animation like that, the concept and how I do it is seemingly simple, all you need is an aqua unrolled cylinder that is 500m long which is unrolled, which can be modeled in o2 or 3d studio max.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2003, 21:55:07 by gadolinite »

Shaggy

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2003, 22:59:21 »
This is confusing..You posted this thread asking how to animate the LST then you post another one saying you already know how to do it...

...Correct me if i am wrong, i havent had much sleep the past couple of days and my brain power is running down.  :D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2003, 23:04:21 »
How do you animate a revolving gun turret, and do other animations?

there are animations for a gatling style rotating turret already in the game.. *Think Shilka*

All you need to do is make a few selections in O2 and refer to them in the config.cpp and the barrel will rotate automatically

as for the LST Model  it  resides in the  Data3D folder   under the name of   Newport.p3d

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2003, 01:21:51 »
shilka doesnt have rotating barrels.... its a quad cannon in all simplicity... think BAS miniguns on the MH-47
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

gadolinite

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2003, 02:14:54 »
 :toocool:big thanks

gadolinite

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2003, 02:16:49 »
This is confusing..You posted this thread asking how to animate the LST then you post another one saying you already know how to do it...

...Correct me if i am wrong, i havent had much sleep the past couple of days and my brain power is running down.  :D

:oyou did not read it right, I do not think brain power is the problem, I just asked where it is stored, do not blame it on the brain, blame it on the feelings

gadolinite

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2003, 02:32:53 »
o2 screems at me and gives me a file load error when I de-PBO data3d.pbo  There are a huge quantity of *.p3d files, but when I attempt to load any of them on o2, o2 gives me a file load error.

What's up here?

Thanks again.

asmodeus

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2003, 02:38:49 »
Sounds to me like it's binarized..

I could be wrong though...  

Asmo

gadolinite

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 2003, 03:20:18 »
can you undo this?

I do need the LST base model for my project.

I just can't seem to model a boat in o2

asmodeus

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 2003, 04:04:20 »
To my knowledge it is not possible to open a binarized object in O2.  

I think the original OFP stuff that people were able to edit was what they included in the demo version of OFP back in the day before they binarized it all.

Again, I could be wrong, maybe some super programmer can break through the code of the binarized stuff..   :P

I know how you feel about modeling a boat.  Doing the bow is very interesting..  You can check out The Everon Cartel's Barracuda gunboat to see how we did it.  We didn't binarize it so that people can learn.   ;)

Asmo

P.S.  It also uses the "gatling gun" animation, you can check that out too!   :)
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2003, 04:06:41 by Asmodeus »

gadolinite

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 2003, 21:19:50 »
 :othe everon cartels pbo file for the ship is empty.  This is no help, If I download the demo and install it on my system, it won't work because I have already have the full version.  It seems the only way out is to model my own ship.  >:( >:( It is impossible to do on oxygen because you have to rely on  fancy designs with simple tools, gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:( >:(

:-X3d studio max is also not easy, but much easier than o2.  >:(  Those tutes out there on ships don't tell me anything because they totally go against what I intend to do and therefore send me off on a tangent at mach 3 in the wrong direction, gerrrrrrrrrr

Kaliyuga

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2003, 21:33:17 »
 LOL....  calm down ...  take a deep breath  

and don't use pbo-tool to de-pbo our boat  ;D

use that other one..  the un-pbo.exe    

« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2003, 21:34:46 by Kaliyuga »