Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pics for Oxygen  (Read 888 times)

TMan10K

Pics for Oxygen
« on: 03 Jun 2003, 19:17:47 »
Hi, I am just fiddling around with oxygen and I am trying to make some accurate guns, trouble is I can't find any decent pics to work from.

I find pics and resize them in photoshop to the correct dimensions (e.g 256, 512, 1024 e.t.c), but they never seem to work!

I can use Oxygen, although I'm NOT an advanced user of it.

If someone could give me a link to a website that has loads of guns with decent pics, or someone explain why it won't work.

Thanks

Kaliyuga

Re:Pics for Oxygen
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2003, 19:25:27 »
 Hey there Tman ....   you should grab yourself texview and convert your .tga files into .paa/.pac files with it before trying to use them in O2..
 you can grab it at the editors depot here at OFPEC i'm fairly certain.

I know the converter in O2 can be a bit buggy from what i've heard from other people.

As far as  the pics go.. you should check out

www.fas.org

they have tons of info on weapons systems from all over the world and most have a few pics at least, and they usually give links to the sources they used for research ...
:cheers:

TMan10K

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2003, 19:36:27 »
Thanks very much, I'll go and do that now!

TMan10K

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2003, 19:55:20 »
Sorry to be a pain  ;D, but I've got texview and done my texture and now in O2 when I do "load texture" there are no errors or messages, but the image doesn't come up.

Thanks again in advance

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2003, 20:57:08 »
hmm....  try the texture i'm attaching as I'm 100% certain it works in O2

and if it works then your problem lies in the format of your texture

and if it doesnt work then your problem is with the installation/options of O2

if O2 is the prob go here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/start/start.htm

I had a couple times where i had texture nightmares like yours and it ended up being an option or somesuch thing that needed to be changed..

can't remember exactly what I did to fix it now.. but it was O2 related I'm sure

anyways.. hope this helps you out

:cheers:

TMan10K

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2003, 21:37:17 »
Thanks for your help, but I'm still having that prob...  >:(

I've followed those instructions, and your radar pic didn't appear, and the only pic I've been able to make appear is the M16_FM.gif that comes with the BIS M16 tutorial.

I don't know what's wrong, and it's really annoying me now.

I've just tried out the pic that works and converted it into .paa and .pac and now the pic that worked doesn't anymore. I hope this helps in some way of figuring it out.

TMan10K

« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2003, 21:57:19 »
I think I've figured it out!!!!  :D

You need to place the image in the same directory as O2, I put O2/pics and then converted it and it worked!

Thank you for your time Kaliyuga

TMan10K

(I will post again if it screws up)