Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Road tool 32000ft, single tree vs forest lag?  (Read 2493 times)

Nitrox

Road tool 32000ft, single tree vs forest lag?
« on: 29 May 2003, 14:53:13 »
Hi I tried out road tool and it places everything at 32000 feet. Now I read that ofp recalculates this so it looks good ingame.

Did anyone use roadtool and how does it work with forrests? do they really fit to ground nicely ingame?

Also will the performance of a map decrease if you put all objects at 32000ft and lets the game calculate it for you did anyone test this? Also will single trees cause more lag than forrests?

Thx in advance.. oh yeah is there any program out there with a copy and paste function?

(I did search the boards for answers to my question but I got the feeling noone knew for sure more like I dont THINK you will get lag... Im wondering if anyone knows for sure or have tested this?)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
Re:Road tool 32000ft, single tree vs forest lag?
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2003, 19:06:12 »
1) They fit to ground ingame

2) I guess single trees will cause more lag than forest. And if not, I think it will look a bit unrealistic. And it will take much more time to place single trees instead of forest parts, even with the road tool. I think.

3) I have not heard about any tool with copy/paste for making islands.

Garcia

Hit_Sqd_Maximus

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2003, 19:38:51 »
WRP buddy will let you put down as many trees you want. I put close to 18,000 trees in less than 5 minutes with it.

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2003, 20:24:29 »
 :o

mhm...I've heard a lot about this WRP Buddy, but I've never tried it. and, were can i get it?

Garcia

Leone

« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2003, 21:07:26 »
WRP buddy will let you put down as many trees you want. I put close to 18,000 trees in less than 5 minutes with it.

170,000 in 3 days  ;D

Hit_Sqd_Maximus

« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2003, 21:11:30 »
:o

mhm...I've heard a lot about this WRP Buddy, but I've never tried it. and, were can i get it?

Garcia

*wondering why ofpec hasnt uploaded it on their server yet*

Here is the d/l link, there is no readme or anything, but it isnt difficult to figure out.
http://www.aef-kampagne.de/WrpBuddy/WrpBuddy_v0.3b.zip

captain caffeine

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2003, 03:50:04 »
  My question is how to get it to work without the error always coming up, looks like a really great tool , so apparently I'm doing something wrong any chance, one of you gents could post a small tut on how to make it work properly?

Hit_Sqd_Maximus

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2003, 03:59:41 »
You have to open wrp edit, load your map, then click file > import, then save as it as MYMAP.txt or something like that, then you open wrp buddy and click on map and then import. And you should be good to go

Nitrox

« Reply #8 on: 01 Jun 2003, 11:12:25 »
Ok thx all :)

Waterman

« Reply #9 on: 01 Jun 2003, 14:42:29 »
That WRP buddy sounds ok... wish it was out about it 10 months ago when I started Skye.  :o :P

The only thing that annoys me is that people have worked on thier islands for months, and these nice tools come out and anyone can make and island in a matter of weeks. :P

Just thought I would chip in,

Waterman. :)

Leone

« Reply #10 on: 01 Jun 2003, 16:25:04 »
Just because you have a nice hammer and saw doesn't mean you know how to make a beautiful cabinet  ;D

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jun 2003, 00:19:55 »
thanks for the link...i'll try it out when i get time  ;D

Garcia

Kaliyuga

« Reply #12 on: 02 Jun 2003, 21:39:16 »
The only thing that annoys me is that people have worked on thier islands for months, and these nice tools come out and anyone can make an island in a matter of weeks

you took the words out of my mouth Waterman

@Leone:   well once that lovely copy+paste function comes to be someone can just steal your cabinent ;)
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2003, 21:43:07 by Kaliyuga »

Johan van Dijk

« Reply #13 on: 05 Jun 2003, 18:44:19 »
Hello there,  i do have a problem with roadtool i think.
My question is how to use it.
Does it works together with wrpedit and what means alpha version.
Sorry for those questions but maybe they help me.

thanks for reading this.

fragger

« Reply #14 on: 05 Jun 2003, 23:56:41 »
I wud just like to say how brilliant that wrpbuddy tool is. its saved me weeks of work and im grateful. But, as always, sumthing always seems to go wrong for me...   :(
now when i saved a modified world using the tool, that wrp pbo seems to cause resistance (v1.91) to crash and cum up wit
       Cannot read memory-map file 'RES\addons\o.pbo'
wot the hell? iv been trying over and over again to open the game, but failure each time. Only once i managed to get into the game and play mi island.... i dont hav a clue wots goin on...
and how cum it worked once for no reason? is there sumthing im doing thats wrong?