Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Will there be a new verson of wrpedit? And some questions.. :)  (Read 1189 times)

Nitrox

Im just curious if there will be a new version of wrp edit soon anyone knows???

Also is there a tool for easy placement of objects like a brush where you place random objects selected from a list (like bush 1, bush 2, bush 3, tree 1 and tree 2) and then you can spray paint em on your map with random aismut... That would be a great tool for covering "dead areas" on the map with objects.. would also be nice at the end of forrests or to place stuff along roads..

Do you guys have any other tips for useful programs that makes mapmaking easier (I already know about the road tool).

Oh and is there a way to copy and paste objects in wrpedit or place last used object again?? thx

xero

There is no copy and paste function, in this version.

I did hear a rumour that there will be a new version (with a copy and paste function :D ).

On the random objects question, I think the road tool can place random objects, although I've never got it to work (it only works if your map is empty of objects - again, I think).

fragger

wot i use to place bushes and trees quickly is using a program called EZ Macros. It records wot u do and then plays it back quickly when u press a hotkey, for instance placing a tree. u can download macros here:

http://www.americansys.com/

hope this helps!   :)

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
Do you have to pay for that tool?

fragger

Well, u can download the trial which lasts 30 days for free, but there is a way of 'getting it for free'.
With version 3.0 of macros, iv found a bug which is being able to uninstall then reinstall the program again (when the 30day trial has ended), giving u another 30day trial. Just keep doing this when ur trial ends!  ;)
Dowload macros version 3.0 here:

http://www1.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0%2Cfid%2C5209%2C00.asp

its a VERY useful tool in wrp edit that speeds up that tedious process of placing every single tree and bush, 1 by 1.....