Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Walking Anims  (Read 1197 times)

STGN

Walking Anims
« on: 29 Apr 2003, 17:00:23 »
I was just woundring if you could make your soldiers walk like SWAT teams do when they enter a bilding. like bending to the side like in SWAT3 and Rainbow Six 3. I know that you can make the anims but can you make the soldiers youse them all the time.
STGN
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2003, 18:08:39 by STGN »

DeadMeatXM2

Re:Walking Anims
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2003, 12:34:12 »
you would have to make a mod that replaces the ANIM.pbo, but then all the units would walk like that...

OR

Define new weapons to use custom anims, but then the units would only walk like that with those weapons...

that only works for normal walking, otherwise it cant be done (we cant ADD new walking type animations, we can add cargo or switchmove anims, but not walking. Also we cannot map new animations to keys (like k for lean left and l for lean right)

Making units act like SWAT teams, or Delta teams is not really possible... as that would require altering the game engine to make the soliders act more stealthy in a CQB environment
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2003, 12:37:28 by DeadMeat! »

STGN

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2003, 17:09:51 »
Would this say that if I made a SWAT guy and his MP5 or what ever I could make him move a little more realistic.
STGN

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2003, 01:54:03 »
DeadMeat! sayed it you must change the ANIM.pbo file and replace it it would be a very difficult thing if you make it good luck you will need it cause it wont be a easy  thing to make ;)

Goldfinger

« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2003, 09:17:30 »
OR

Define new weapons to use custom anims, but then the units would only walk like that with those weapons...

How I can make it?

andersgrim

« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2003, 19:04:08 »
I believe it is possible.
The default moves is configed in the config.bin (named CfgMovesMC)

and the men in the config.bin is carrying this swifty little line:
moves="CfgMovesMC";

I believe if you make your own move anims, and make a new CfgMoves section, you can type
moves="CfgMovesMYMOVE"; or whatever youdlike to call it.

Never tested it though, but sounds realistic to me..=)

Goldfinger

« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2003, 08:51:49 »
I know how to create the soldier with my own animation. But I do not know how to assign animation of movement to some unit with ONLY the certain weapon.

I need something like this

"Define new weapons to use custom anims, but then the units would only walk like that with those weapons..."

PS
Sorry, my English is not very good :(

Mr_Shady

« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2003, 15:37:17 »
I'm assuming that if assigning animations to particular weapons can be done, vehicles can be done too  :D

It'd be great to see addons with these kind of features implemented, so we'd have soldiers using the foregrips on their weapons, or firing machine guns from the prone position like they're supposed to (right hand on pistol grip, left on butt, although this'd look daft if it wasn't on a bipod  :P)

Is it possible to have weapon-specific reload animations, then? Movements like racking the bolt back on a machine gun or working the bolt on a bolt-action?

If so.... *splurge*  :D

Goldfinger

« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2003, 11:22:01 »
I also think that it is probably but  nobody wants to tell who to make it. :(