Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Runway prob  (Read 1048 times)

fragger

Runway prob
« on: 28 Apr 2003, 21:31:44 »
In the world ed iv textured the ground with a runway texture, and iv previewed how it looks, and it looks straight and normal. When i imported the island into the game, the runway is all wonky and strange. the taxiway is alright, but not the runway. I hav no idea wots wrong.

Iwesshome

Re:Runway prob
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2003, 21:36:03 »
Can you post some screenshots?

fragger

« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2003, 21:55:32 »
How do i do that?

xero

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2003, 22:30:02 »
Go to the dodgy area and press 'Print Screen'. Then paste into an image editor and save as jpg with a reasonable compression.

A guess would be that the ground is not flat.  ???

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2003, 22:50:34 »
Are these the textures I sent you fragger?

I didnt really try them myself, I presumed they would work ok, as they are based on original textures.

I will do some experiments myself and see if they work here.

P.S.  Is it a south to north runway?

Planck
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2003, 22:52:24 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

fragger

« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:35:28 »
Those are the textures u sent me, but i also textured the ground with the original airport runway textures and tried viewing it in-game to find that this also had the same strange wonky look, so there isnt anything wrong with your textures. Also i made the ground completely flat. The airport is a south to north runway. Iv just attached a pic of it.

Iwesshome

« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:44:39 »
Well I think it is that big arss hill in your way that is causing the problems.... your runway appears to be flat but not to WRP Edit... there are contours under the runway

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2003, 03:43:45 »
Ok fragger I tested the textures I sent you.

I textured a flat island with j9.paa and then made a south to north runway on it with the modified textures I sent you.

In WrpEdit it looked fine, but in-game the runway was 'wonky' as you put it.

So, I recalled that the 'wonky' runway used to be a problem when people used the rwr.paa runway texture and the fix was to use rw.paa instead.

Using reverse logic, I reasoned that this was a Cain texture you had used as a background texture and so possibly the fix here was to use rwr.paa instead of rw.paa.

This is what I did and the runway works both in WrpEdit and in-game now.

I will send you a new zip file of the textures, just replace all instances of the rw.paa texture with the included rwr.paa texture.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

deadshotscott

« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2003, 01:42:51 »
i had a similar problem.  i had the runway textures all done and it looked all messed up in ofp.  i then noticed that i didn't have the correct textures on the area around the runway that the runway was using :P  i felt like a moron when i figured that out and that was the prob.  but eh, it happens