Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Flat as a pancake  (Read 1031 times)

HotShot

Flat as a pancake
« on: 16 Apr 2003, 22:47:40 »
how do i make a part of my island flat? I've seen a Flat operation on the Landscape Tabe, but the Chnage button is always in that grey colour where nothing happens when you click it? I really need to make my Terrain flat, and using the scale operation only makes more hills  :-\ I just need a strip the length of a runway to be flat, thats all  ???

P.S Why didn't the WrpEdit makers include a Copy and Paste command? Make life so much easier, but no, they have to make you work
 ;D

HotShot.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Flat as a pancake
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2003, 23:33:32 »
Hold Ctrl-Shift and draw a rectangular red box with the mouse around the area you want flat.

Then on the Landscape Tab.........select Exact and input the height you require.

Pressing the Change button should complete the operation.
Don't forget to press the refresh button also and to re-do the terrain flags.

There is a tutorial and also a manual available in the Editors Depot........Tutorials........References.......2nd Page.  Give it a try.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

HotShot

Re:Flat as a pancake
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2003, 13:47:24 »
Thanks, big help there. But i used the "Flat" operation instead of "Exact" (the button worked when you clicked it once i'd done the Shift+Ctrl thing), the Exact command seemed to leave a Black "cloud" where i'd just flatened it.

You can also chnage which bits are flat and if its sloping with the Flat operation.