Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Capture the Island tutorial  (Read 488 times)

Sarge087

Capture the Island tutorial
« on: 14 Apr 2003, 22:51:07 »
I want to make my own Capture the Island type game but I cannot find a tutorial, but I've seen one once before.  Can someone point me out in the right direction?  Thanks.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Capture the Island tutorial
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2003, 00:22:40 »
If you're talking MP there are several tutorials here which might help.

If you're talking SP tell us more about the problem.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Sarge087

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2003, 00:27:42 »
No no no.  There's no problem, I just needed help finding tutorials.  Thanks, I'll try them.

Sarge087

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2003, 00:32:15 »
Hmm.  I don't see any that pertain to CTI, maybe I'm blind but could u give me more help with tutorials?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2003, 01:17:10 »
If there's no CTI then read a couple of the others - Capture the Flag, Capture and Hold etc.    They'll probably cover most of what you need to know.

If you've played a good CTI mission then un-pbo it and take it to pieces.  You can learn a lot that way.

And then just give it a go.  The best way to learn how to make a particular kind of mission is just to make one ... if you get stuck search the Ed Depot, FAQ or forum and if all else fails post a specific question on the multiplayer board.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2003, 01:17:40 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Sarge087

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2003, 01:19:24 »
Yeah, I only want CTI.  If you don't know what I mean, it's the thing where you get to build a base and build vehicles and stuff and you have to take over towns.

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2003, 20:13:12 »
I know this mission. I played it on a server out there, so after i was finished i copied the mission pbo from the MPMissionsCache-folder and unPBOed it.

Well, i never expected it would be easy to make such a mission on my own, but the mission folder features about 170 scripts ! Not the thing you could script in a week, huh ?