Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem placing bridges..... custom bridge by the way  (Read 1053 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Hi guyz I have a problem.  Me and Robo from our Mod made a new custom model bridge for OFP.  So I placed it in the wrp editor (by the way the model is already binarized) and I clicked on the set to grund level box (something like that to deactivate it) and placed the bridge in the same elevation.... But when see it ingame, the bridges are totally misplaced.... it's rather placed to its ground level.  I need help.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:Problem placing bridges..... custom bridge by the way
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2003, 16:13:53 »
second pic

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2003, 17:33:32 »
Someone else on this forum had the same problems his name is pertti49 he has solved the problem ask him about it ;)

Doe

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2003, 18:38:49 »
uncheck fit to ground,  set  Y  manualy, and hit ok with fit to ground unchecked on each part after setting the right hieght,  remember to recheck fit to ground after that on any other object that normaly fits to ground so that its turned back on for other objects.    Doe©

Jones-21VB

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2003, 20:19:36 »
Allso remember that the bridge parts will be placed according to how deep ur water is below the bridge. An easy way to make a bridge work is that the ground from where the bridge starts and ends shouldt be 8 high and the water below -10 then u can place all bridge parts in -5 and the bridge works perfect. But if I made my water deeper in the middle section of the bridge I wouldt have to change bridge part settings accordingly (-3 etc)

Jones Out!

Waterman

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2003, 11:45:21 »
I other words your bridge section must be touching the bottom of the river (or whatever it is).  You cannot have an object floating in the air.  That is only possible in the mission editor... ;)

Waterman. :)

pertti49

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2003, 13:21:42 »
U can get the object floating in air just take like tree and fit it to ground then lower level the terrain under it but dont fit the the object again in ground and there u have floating tree ;D
greetings:pertti49

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2003, 15:10:00 »
hmm waterman I think that's why my bridge isn't working properly... I don't have the base which is touching the ground.  Thanks all I'll try it out. ;)

MadAussie

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2003, 06:07:29 »
Gday guys..
Posted by: Doe©  Posted on: April 14, 2003, 06:38:49 PM  
uncheck fit to ground,  set  Y  manualy, and hit ok with fit to ground unchecked on each part after setting the right hieght,  remember to recheck fit to ground after that on any other object that normaly fits to ground so that its turned back on for other objects.    Doe©  
Posted by: pertti49  Posted on: April 15, 2003, 01:21:42 PM  
U can get the object floating in air just take like tree and fit it to ground then lower level the terrain under it but dont fit the the object again in ground and there u have floating tree
greetings:pertti49  

I think.. Pertti49 + doe.. that is wrong.. whenever ANY object is place in WRPedit then it will AUTO fittoground.. unless the height is lower.. I tried the change level on a mountain map...didnt touch anything and its all flat  ;)

It will Float in the Preview mode though :)

MadAussie out...

Waterman

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2003, 17:12:04 »
that's what I said.... ;) ;D  (look above)

You can have objects floating in mid air, they have to be touching the ground or below it...
Waterman. :)
« Last Edit: 19 May 2003, 17:12:19 by Waterman »