Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Easy Question !?!?  (Read 627 times)

Offline Burn

• Members
Easy Question !?!?
« on: 09 Apr 2003, 20:48:46 »
Hi, again everyone :D... I'm back with yet another complex question ::)
But not for U guys, ey?? ...well enough kissing ass!!! ;D
I was wondering if there was any fool proof way of getting a object... lets say a computer on a table. I where trying to adjust the height of the computer by entering: this setPos getPos table;this setpos[(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),6.64]; in the computers init. field... but the computer's got a mind of its own :( and wont adjust its height correctly... Notice the numbers ,6.64 at the end of the code... well when I enter that the computer moves 5 meters above the table, but when I enter ,6.63 the computer stays right under the table, floating a few cm's above the ground... I can't figure out how to get that thing to stay on the table, it either shoots into the roof or just floats under the table :'( ... :oBTW I use AGS concrete pier addon as ground could that hawe anything to do with it ???

thank's in advance :)

Knut Erik

Re:Easy Question !?!?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2003, 21:01:16 »
Try this :
Computer setpos [getpos table select 0, getpos table select 1, (getpos table select 2) + YourHeight]

;D

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2003, 16:41:28 »
Nope :'(... it din't work. It only worked if i placed the table outside the building, and did some slight adjustments to the height...
BUT when I tryed to place the thing in a building, it din't work.
NOTE: I tryed to place the computer on a standard table inside a warehouse addon by AGS (that looks wery nice btw...), and placed the warehouse on a concrete pier addon by the same maker... It worked fine if I placed the table on the pier, but when I tryed to place the computer on the table INSIDE a building, the computer altered it's height so it was located under the table or on\under the roof. >:( (it does this with any building, not just with the AGS one...)
So if no one has any other suggestions I'm ready to give up on this...
Cos it's maki'n me mad ...n' I'm headed for an early grave allready, without hawing to worry about this...

But thank's for trying ;)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2003, 17:06:13 »
It seems like you have found out what's causing the problem. Unfortunately I think there's not much you can do about it if you've already tried to fiddle with the computer height a lot.

One thing that I don't get is why you need to setpos it to 6.64 or 6.63. That's six and a half meters! No table is that tall! :)

You could give one more go with lesser height if you haven't already.. something like 0.7-1 meters maybe..

If everything else fails you just need to figure out a work-around. Maybe you can replace the building with a shed..  :-\
Not all is lost.

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2003, 18:51:36 »
One thing that I don't get is why you need to setpos it to 6.64 or 6.63. That's six and a half meters! No table is that tall!

I've set it that tall because, the AGS pier is about that height, (it was a litle taller but I lowered it) then I placed the table on the pier ...works fine so far, and finally I tryed to place the computer on the table by setting the height above the table...
what buggs me is that a difference between 1mm canges the pos. of the object so drasticly... did that clarify things for you?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2003, 19:02:27 »
Indeed it did but I still don't see a solution. Sorry  :-\
Not all is lost.

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2003, 05:19:43 »
Ok... but thanks for trying I'll try to figure it out for myself, and check back on this thread regulary for replys... ;)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2003, 22:35:57 »
...BTW I use AGS concrete pier addon as ground could that hawe anything to do with it ???

thank's in advance :)

===================

1. No, the AGS stuff has nuth'n to do w/ yer probby - the "_BIS_patch_with_"Improved" collision_detection" does!  ::)

2. Whoah, arty!  :o  :wow:  :o  your avy is back!!!!!  8) ;D (let's talk about it, man!)  :thumbsup:

===================

See, the code :

MyObject SetPos [Getpos MyObject Select 0, Getpos My... select 1, 6.54003]

- is correct, but since that #¤%##"/¤%&¤ PATCH  >:( loads of crap has been a daily sucker to us!

sorry - no deals made today!  :(

« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2003, 22:36:54 by Tomb »

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2003, 17:51:13 »
So theres no way worki'n around this patch problem, without degrading ofp to an older version :-\???