Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: fail to import custom texture in wrp  (Read 1824 times)

remo

fail to import custom texture in wrp
« on: 03 Apr 2003, 19:03:16 »
Hi,

I made custom textures,  but I didn't find the way to make them appear in the pb manager of wrpedit when I import the [mytexture.pbo] in there. I see the [mytexture]'s folder but it is empty while the other are ok, or even the otherpeople islands'PBO are ok.
I tryed many ways :
- put only the texture's *.paa in the pbo
- creating a config.cpp file
- using working config.cpp file
- interverting names with working pbo
- changing only 3 or 4 paa of a working island, keeping the same names, of a working PBO (stt one), but even this don't work.
I read the topic preview before, but I did't find the answer.
please help.

thanks

Remo

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:fail to import custom texture in wrp
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2003, 19:55:56 »
hey there Remo.  Trying revert all your work once.  Just put everything back as it was.  You did it? Ok, now first you ofcourse convert your folder into .pbo format.  Move it to the addon folder (doesn't matter which one,) then open the wrp editor.  Before opening your map.  Go to "view"--> "pb manager"--> then go to "+add" on the top left corner.  Go to the addon folder which your .pbo file is saved.  Then go and double click your .pbo file with the custom textures are.  Then finally, go to the surface--> add --> then find your folder with the textures in.  Remeber, the "\" shouldn't be before your folder eg. instead of "\myislands" you go to "myislands"  then choose the texuture you want to add then click ok.  I hope this helped. :D

remo

« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2003, 21:23:28 »
Thanks for reply (great)catshit,
but it didn't work, it just seems that wrpedit doesn't want to reconize the pbo files I made ! Any other's *.pbo are ok (I see the files inside, any kind Island or vehicles,..) but mines no, wrpedit don't want to recon it. I make them with [makepbo V1.1], and I guess more of us do the same...
Do something special must be put indise the pbo ? or Do PBOMAKER1.1 make some imcompatibity with wredit ?

Remo

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2003, 22:37:28 »
Remo I was confused by this topic.

You ound like you know what you are oing and I just couldn't see what the answer could be.

I have had no problems with my St Vith map (very WIP).

I use PBOTool so that should be your next thing to do.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

remo

« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2003, 13:00:10 »
>>Scousejedi
well i made texture *.paa format, I put in a folder and then compressed it in PBO. Then I import it in wrpedit as CS1 told. I see the folder corresponding to my pbo in the addsurface menu, but it is empty while others like data or landtext are ok.
If i do the same thing with other people's madePBO it works. if I dePBO others files and rePBO it, it doesn't work no more  and the corresponding PBO folder in wrpedit's addsurface dialogwindow is there but empty.
I wonder why and what is wrong. The way to import PBO in Wrepedit is OK beacause it work with others people's PBO (like other people island). But if I depbo, modifyslyghty or even not modify the content, and rePBO the same file, once in wrpedit it works no more. That confuse to me and I fell/believe it comes from my way of making PBO, and that why I tought about the compressor I use. I gonna try other tool to compresse, but before I want to know if I did somehing wrong. Did you put your texture in you <<ToBeCompresseInPBO>>folder just like that, without config or anything else and it worked ???

Remo

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2003, 16:30:53 »
Remo

I made a folder

I put loads of files in folder - .tga's, .gifs, song lyrics.txt and paa's

(paa's were 128 x 128 I assume yours are valid textures)

I then ran PBOTool.exe

Simple as that.

I noticed that you didn't use PBOTool.exe try that. I think it could be the tool you are using to create the pbo file.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Leone

« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2003, 16:37:56 »
I would say it's the tool you are using to make PBO's with....try a different one, see if that works.

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2003, 16:42:40 »
I always use DePBO or MakePBO tool version 1.5

remo

« Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2003, 23:41:14 »
Ok, you make me seen in whitch way I can find the solution of my problem. I gonna try other PBO generator program this WE and look what will happen, I thank you all for the replies

Remo

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2003, 21:29:06 »
oh, also, I find that if I put my texture pbo in dta while editing the path is all correct, as when I place it in addons it adds that stupid extra \ at the front. Then I can just take it out of dta and toss it into addons when I load ofp and it works fine.

remo

« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2003, 18:21:38 »
I finaly found the reason why I could have the texture I made in wrpedit : I used MakePBO and it makes PBO that are compressed and not readable by wrpedit, now I use another pbotool and it works perfectly.
But... I have another problem : some of the texture I apply (it's on a modified zwar_everon desert) are suffering distortions on its edge... I re-did all the texture and it's the same, I also have to same problemes to a modified kolguljev island. Anyone have a idea ??

Thanks again to the people who replied me

Remo