Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Optics on a tank turret don't elevate with turret..  (Read 1060 times)

Offline KaRRiLLioN

• Members
  • Grits -n- Peanut Butter are a wonderful thing
    • OFP RTS-3 Real Time War
Optics on a tank turret don't elevate with turret..
« on: 25 Feb 2003, 18:37:03 »
I'm just messing around trying to learn how to do some config.cpp stuff and I can't figure out something.

I have optics for a gunner's position in a tank and the optics show up fine when you go into that mode, and they rotate with the turret view.  When I elevate the turret, however, they don't go up with the turret, they just sit there, so I can see the barrel going up, but the actual view continues to look straight ahead.

I've checked out the .cpp file several times, but I cannot find out what causes this.  I've been looking through the forums and searching but can't find anything on this.  Can someone tell me why it's doing this?

Thanks!

Offline KaRRiLLioN

• Members
  • Grits -n- Peanut Butter are a wonderful thing
    • OFP RTS-3 Real Time War
Re:Optics on a tank turret don't elevate with turret..
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2003, 18:11:09 »
I've tried using a different p3d file for the optic, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

I also tried adding class ViewGunnerBase  info to it, but that doesn't do anything.

Just to clarify the issue, when you get into a tank or something and then you aim the turret up and down, your optics view follows the end of the barrel.  In this case, the barrel is moving up and down, but the gunner's view does not shift up and down with it.

Might there be something that needs to be done from within Oxygen to make this happen?
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 18:12:00 by KaRRiLLioN »

Heinonen

Re:Optics on a tank turret don't elevate with turret..
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2003, 20:30:21 »
Maybe the problem is in the Memory lod? Group the vertex named gunnerview to OtocHlaven if it's not there already