Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making certain objectives priority  (Read 432 times)

Agent Fire

Making certain objectives priority
« on: 01 Apr 2003, 22:55:45 »
OK, you probably don't see what I'm talking about from the title. Basically, I have a helicopter coming to extract some troops. However (because there is an incoming group of enemy units) the helicopter started playing around or abandoning the pickup when it saw them. I managed to fix this by putting it on careless mode; that kind of thing doesn't alter the performance or appearence of the chopper, and in return it smoothly landed, let my squad in, and then left.

But the problem arises when I want the same from my squad. I've been watching too many movies and I have this picture in my mind of them guarding the pickup area and shooting at the enemies, then running into the chopper and making a last minute getaway. However, of course, the leader sends individuals out to attack rather than defend from the masses of approaching soldiers, and so the pickup gets stalled. What I want is a way of making them get in the aircraft without messing about, but of course this cannot be done on careless mode; unless I wanted them jogging about with their gun on their back as bullets zip past. Does anyone have an idea of what I could do?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Making certain objectives priority
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2003, 23:16:50 »
What you're trying to do is a hot exfil .... its gonna be hard.

I think you're best bet is to split the squad up once they get close to the LZ ... manually set waypoints to get them to pepperpot back to the chopper, and then setbehaviour careless virtually one at a time to get them into the chopper.

That's messy.  I hope somebody has a better idea.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2003, 23:17:37 »
I'm playing with an idea that I hope people elaborate on...

Idea

1. Helicopter is 100M out coming in for pickup
2. Soldiers are running to LZ
3. Soldiers defend area using Guard waypoint?
4. Helicopter is 30M out hits trigger syncs to Get In waypoint (next waypoint for group after guard)
5. Troops run and gets in and extracts...

Sounds good... but understanding you correctly that your soldiers ignore the get in waypoint?

???

Agent Fire

« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2003, 16:39:00 »
That's not a bad idea - especially because I didn't use a guard waypoint, and so maybe that wil;l make them hold position. Thanks for that input, I'll see what I can do.

Agent Fire

« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2003, 20:57:06 »
(Apologies about taking so long - had to do my homework) No, it didn't make them hold position.