Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with missiles using LGB (no light problem)  (Read 939 times)

jostapo

Help with missiles using LGB (no light problem)
« on: 23 Mar 2003, 06:16:04 »
Hi folks.  I was wondering if anyone out there has had success with adding a light to an laser guided bomb.

It seems that setting the thrusttime to 0 on ammo with the shotmissile simulation TURNS ON the LGB simulation which allows 2 minutes of flight time (important for MLRS).

Unfortunately, turning this simulation on turns the innate lighting effect that rockets and missiles normally get.

Does anyone out there know how to:

a) attach a permanent light source to a missile regardless of the simulation it uses?

b) how to use the drop command to create the flare (NOT FIRE) effect?

The end goal is, I need to be able to light up the countryside as the rocket takes off.

Thanks in advance.

Rubble_Maker

Re:Help with missiles using LGB (no light problem)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2003, 13:20:07 »
I think its not possible to create lights using "drop"; I've tried all sorts of params and no success. I ended up using a small light object that I attach to the missile with a script; it works just fine. According to BIS, a script loop with anything smaller or equal to 0.0001 secs delay will be executed once for frame, so you should be able to achive a smooth animation.

You might try to use such a light object with the "drop" command to bind it to the missile; haven't tried that one. Its possible to bind objects from an addon to a vehicle using "drop", thats for sure, but maybe it only runs the model simulation but not the illumination, I dunno.