Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Road tool, the new version (link fixed)  (Read 5506 times)

zippy

Re:Road tool, the new version (link fixed)
« Reply #15 on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:41:21 »
based on my first try....it's a barbed wire fence

I have few informations about WRP file format.

didn't OFPInternals release the wrp file format docs just before they went offline?

zippy
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 21:48:01 by zippy »

captain caffeine

« Reply #16 on: 29 Mar 2003, 22:17:40 »
  Several questions about road tool, as far as the roads go, maybe I'm reading to much into it or making it more complicated than it should be,    but here goes I've got the part of loading the wrp file no problem, but does the program make its own bmp greyscale mask or does the wrp need to be saved as bmp also and that mask loaded, I havent been able to get a greyscale map to come up as of yet,   and loading the saved bmp shows up in color as it would in WILBUR.

Any detailed instuctions on using this tool would be greatly appreciated   for myself detailed instructions from start to finish
  seem to be of greater use than simple instructions  sounds silly and it may be just an error on my part or could also be my comp    just a little help from anyone givin a wee bit more information would either allow me to continue   with practicing with this tool or go back to placing roads by hand    any help will be greatly appreciated  

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 30 Mar 2003, 01:19:46 »
You need to make the bmp seperate from your wrp file.

If you are already working on your map try a printscreen while wrpedit is open.

Throw this into a paint package (paintshop pro by ?jasc? is shareware.

Printscreen (button on keyboard) throws the screen on to the clipboard.

In a paint package paste this into a file.

Select the area you want (your map) and paste this into an image. Then change the image size  and make it 256 x 256.

Change it to greyscale and save as a bmp.

I am working from scrach and creating the contours using a program from here clled something like imagetoascii. To use this I am drawing a 256 x 256 greyscale bmp. I can then just use this again with this tool.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

captain caffeine

« Reply #18 on: 30 Mar 2003, 19:14:58 »
  HEY Jedi  , works great just followed your directions, only problem I'm having now is when the roadway is produced all
the dang thing is at 3500 meters, is this something I can remedy
through the tool or will I need to reset each piece fit to ground individually  ?

Even if you gotta fit each piece individually back down its better than lining each piece up by hand.

BRAVO CUPID MOON

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 31 Mar 2003, 00:43:39 »
3500m????

I have to say I have only used the tool once and it just worked perfectly, so I have no idea what you have run into.

:(

Write up here your method - things like the wrp file you used - was it just terrain without any models or was it half done?

Im clutching at straws a little, hopefully someone else will know exactly what to do.

Good luck.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

captain caffeine

« Reply #20 on: 31 Mar 2003, 04:03:34 »
  New wrp ,no models just the Eden paa sand texture, Im gonna play with the utility some more, I'm thinking I may have hit create after I closed road tool, although I would'nt think this would cause this type of problem, I would like to see a Tutorial come out for this utility, cause its one of the best ,   If anyone has any Ideas on what else I may have done wrong gimme a yell, cause I'm also grasping at straws.  

Thanks for your help

zippy

« Reply #21 on: 01 Apr 2003, 05:19:26 »
i think cupid mentioned it before ....32000 m's actually and its because he couldn't properly set the height flags but the game re calculates those flags at time of loading the world so it'll look fine in OFP

zippy

captain caffeine

« Reply #22 on: 01 Apr 2003, 06:53:20 »
  Crap ,guess I didnt catch that part, yup mines closer to 35,600
for some reason, but I guess I've been pulling my hair out for no reason, thanks for the info, will it cause any problems or conflicts to set the pieces of road closest to both sides of bridge
to ensure the right fit?

Thanks for your help

CupidMoon

« Reply #23 on: 01 Apr 2003, 11:24:40 »
Documentation to Wrp files by zwadar

Yes it was very useful, but not enough... :)

Thanks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #24 on: 01 Apr 2003, 20:57:51 »
@CupidMoon

If you need a copy of OFPInternals format description let me know, I have a copy.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

zippy

« Reply #25 on: 02 Apr 2003, 01:44:27 »
As always Planck to the rescue......thanx for sharing with others....I knew someone will help Cupid out....

I sense good things to come......

zippy

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: 02 Apr 2003, 13:25:20 »
If I make a road in the roadtool and paste it into WRPEdit, I can't see it. If I start OFP Editor i do see the road!
Also, what are MASKS for, are they the pictures of the island displayed in OFPeditor?

zippy

« Reply #27 on: 02 Apr 2003, 17:34:43 »
hmmmmm....????
i think cupid mentioned it before ....32000 m's actually and its because he couldn't properly set the height flags but the game re calculates those flags at time of loading the world so it'll look fine in OFP

zippy

just 5 posts back

and as for masks......try to imagine it as a magic brush
capture an image from wrpedit in minimum zoom (256x256) ;D

then you make a mask image, for now black and white and now you can paste a  transparent selection of any image into the other.
....the tool has a buncha functions which utilize masks. say you wanna place some oblects(random bushes) surrounding somthin' but not anything else......BLACK IS IGNORED & WHITE IS PROCESSED
so you paint white around the place you want vegetated with bushes...save a bmp image in  256x256x256 colors. this is the mask....now load the tool with the wrp you want to edit then click load mask then pick your object and its placement hit create to place bushes where white colors overlay the area from the wrpmap image and most importantly save wrp. DONE
load in wrpedit recalculate all flags default save, pack and play

zip

« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2003, 17:53:26 by zippy »

captain caffeine

« Reply #28 on: 04 Apr 2003, 04:09:20 »
  Also for those interested, if you just absolutley have to see the images created in wrp Edit , you can select individually each object placed and click OK or Ctrl+T and it will set the object at fit to ground where it is visible,  I have tried  selecting all objects at once and the Ctrl+T with no luck   ,but individually
without having to reset the numbers you can select and press OK or CTRL+T .

There may be a way to select all and unselect all enabling all objects to fit to ground but I havent discovered a way yet, maybe a small program to alphabetically select and then unselect each object in wrp may do the trick, but I dont even know where to begin so I'll just give out the info and maybe someone can figure out the rest.

zippy

« Reply #29 on: 04 Apr 2003, 19:24:51 »
to my understanding there is no coding implemented in current version of wrpedit to manipulate multiple objects. BUT  I do know that the next version was gonna have it along with other goods so I don't find it such a big prob for now. I have faith in OFPInternals and his team, that they'll be back. So we gotta wait. Cupid's tools outdone my highest expectations as it is and I know that the file format info will help him to figure this height flag nonsense out......

ps: Cupid if you're reading this...have you considered adding an open p3d file window to select model to place?

cheers

Zippy
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2003, 16:27:28 by zippy »