Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WRP objects  (Read 1499 times)

fragger

WRP objects
« on: 23 Mar 2003, 11:23:46 »
Iv finished designing all the major terrain features on my island im making and now its time for adding all the trees and bushes and rocks and stuff!
Now theres 1 tiny problem with this.....
It wud take me a decade! having to place everysingle little object, 1 by 1....  :P
is there anything which wud help speed this up?
cheerz

Waterman

Re:WRP objects
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2003, 14:47:47 »
I've had that same problem, but I've just had to force myself to place each one, one at a time... :-\  I think this is true for all WrpEditors apart from ones that have made small programmes for such things... Maybe someone out there has a tool for this, I dont know...
(I've been working on my island Skye now for about 8 months or so... :o :P)

Waterman. :)

Leone

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2003, 14:54:47 »
I just set myself little goals....like X rocks a day, X trees a day etc. Make it a routine and, sure it's boring, but it will get done.

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2003, 17:06:12 »
I'm placing trees and stuff using CTR+C and CTR+V in the name box so you don't have to seek the names again and again.
It's a lot quicker than everytime, open the list,seek the name, set the right direction, and so on.
I also got a question, what is the OFPinternals website? My browser always gives an error when I use the one at the beginning of WRPEdit

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2003, 17:13:58 »
Sadly OFPInternals website is no longer up.

But I think they are still working away in the background.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2003, 15:21:07 »
Download a program called EZMacros or some other program that lets you record mouse and keyboard actions. then make yourself some macros for placing objects.. save your sanity!

SelectThis

fragger

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2003, 18:26:24 »
Thx for all the advice guys
it makes u wonder though... how long it wud take for a simple copy n' paste to be put into the editor. How long did it take them to make the malden islands...

Offline Phaeden

• Members
  • There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.
« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2003, 18:44:14 »
Not sure how long it took them to make the in-game islands, but I can tell you it does take a VERY long time to make a large island.  I have been working for literally months.  On the flip side, it is rewarding to see the island slowly come alive.  Keep at it...
Semper Fi

fragger

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2003, 19:26:52 »
Oh mi god!!! that macros thing is amazing!
scrap the dessert island im making....
im going to go for a green island instead!
many thx!