Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New map and Bridge question  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
New map and Bridge question
« on: 18 Mar 2003, 21:53:38 »
Hi,

I'm currently making a map, until now without a name. For some screens (very early stage) goto www.realopf.tk

I'm bussy with making the bridge, but does anyone know the needed hight of the land when I set my bridge at level -3,00. I mean, when does it contact the ground correctly, so I can build a normal road over there.

In other maps, I see a config.bin file, do you need that to make the add-on work correctly. I didn't make one and I can play on my own island!

I also want to know how to convert a picture into *.paa format.

Thanks 8) ;D
 8)

Kaliyuga

Re:New map and Bridge question
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2003, 22:02:20 »
    I've made two bridges now on my island and I just made sure that the ends of each brige were relatively flat ground  and I just manipulated the height of the ends to match up with the ground.... then layed the middle pieces in to match the same height

It really just takes alot of playing around with the numbers.. at least that's how I did it.

I know there are other threads here in the Wrp edit board  where people have discussed their methods of bridge making.. go back a few pages and you'll find one I'm sure ;)

Leone

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2003, 08:25:24 »
As for making a "picture" into a .paa file, there is an official BIS tool called TexView, which allows you to convert .tga and .jpg files into either .paa or .pac files (and vice versa). :)

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2003, 12:35:34 »
Where can I find this TexView?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2003, 12:42:32 »
official site I think

www.flashpoint1985.com
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2003, 13:14:34 »
Thanks, another question,
I cutted the first 46 bytes of O.pbo, I put the new O.pbo in addons, setup a bridge in WRPedit. Save the map, make a config.cpp. Putted it in the addons folder (after make the pbo-compression) play the game, open my own map and..................
NO RESISTANCE OBJECTS, NO TREES, NO BRIDGE, NO ROADS, can somebody tell me what to do?

Waterman

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2003, 17:12:48 »
Did you take out the edited O.pbo again?
OFP doesn't like having 2 O.pbo's so make sure you leave the unedited one where it should be and take the edited one out.
Dunno if that what you mean...

Waterman. :)