Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Landrover 110  (Read 51342 times)

DeLiltMon

Re:Landrover 110
« Reply #195 on: 06 Nov 2002, 22:11:36 »
And finally, a rabbits eye view  ;):

That just leaves the steering wheel and the config file  :D
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2002, 22:17:48 by DeLiltMon »

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #196 on: 06 Nov 2002, 22:19:39 »
you filthy-ly good modeller ;D

Been sodding about on an ofp server with cplime recently and he says the addons are still underway...Hopefully we'll have a legion of british mods soon bwahahahahah!!!!
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #197 on: 06 Nov 2002, 22:50:22 »
Good news, can't wait till we've got some new O2 made British units to ride in the Landy and a Bedfore 4-tonner to keep it company  ;D

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #198 on: 07 Nov 2002, 12:46:21 »
Hey lilty - did those name points i gave you get the brakelights working too?

(nice work btw)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #199 on: 07 Nov 2002, 13:08:28 »
The brakelights were working with the old names it was just the beams that were wrong.
Did a bit of tinkering with the config last night and I've noticed one thing it seems a bit on the quick side getting to it's top speed of 90mph (going by the speeds given by woofer - 90 on road, 50 on a track and 30 off road, that's absolute balls-out maximum suicidal top speed mind)
Is there a way to change how quick it accelerates and how fast it goes on different surfaces? At the moment it's flying up to 90, doing about 60 on dirt tracks and about 40-45 off road, until I hit a tree cos I'm watching the speedo that is  ;)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #200 on: 07 Nov 2002, 14:07:21 »
cool - i think it can be done, i dunno how tho - i'll look into it and find out for ya :)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #201 on: 07 Nov 2002, 16:14:22 »
Thankee kindly me good sir.

--Off Topic--
Looks like I'll be transfering to Bristol on the 18th, so depending what sort of relocation package I get, I could either staying in a hotel for a bit which could mean I'll only have access to me work computer  :( or I could be getting broadband if they find me accomodation straight away  :D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #202 on: 08 Nov 2002, 21:44:31 »
As one of your clan leaders.... GET YOUR FINGER OUT TROOPER!!  ;)

Offline Davies1

• Members
« Reply #203 on: 09 Nov 2002, 16:31:13 »
nice to see its nearly done soldier boy ;D
off topic.. What do you do for a living then?
just interested as you are talking about being relocated

DeLiltMon

« Reply #204 on: 10 Nov 2002, 11:52:33 »
I work for EDS in Swansea, offficially what I do is "Enterprise Management" which means we set up software on servers to monitor them and send out alerts when they start to struggle of fall over. We also maintain the system the helpdesk use. I may be off to Bristol cos we've lost the DVLA contract and my job will be transfering over to Fujitsu with the contract. Unfortunately Fujitsu's Enterpridse Management team are based in Stevenage, oso after about 6 months in Swansea setting up the systems after the transfer I'd have to move up to Stevenage, which I don't particularly want to do, so I've got to find another job and at the moment there was only one available, mainframe cobol programing in Bristol which I'm still waiting to hear whether or not they want me to go and when I start.

Anway, back on topic, I'm gonna bugger about with the config file today and see if I can make it less Jeep-like and more Landrover-like.

ofpeditor

« Reply #205 on: 13 Nov 2002, 17:24:41 »
swansea's a great place...my brother in law grew up there. all he ever does is shake his two fingers at me, hahh...

ofpeditor
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2002, 17:26:10 by ofpeditor »

DeLiltMon

« Reply #206 on: 13 Nov 2002, 21:19:55 »
Yup, sounds like a Swansea boy to me  ;D

You'll no doubt be pleased to know that the beta version of the Landy is undergoing testing  ;)

Offline Davies1

• Members
« Reply #207 on: 15 Nov 2002, 12:34:43 »
Hi liltmon. So far so good.. I have only pissed about for about 5 minutes and am very very impressed!
Do you plan to make the land rover's tires burst? other than just crumpling the whole chassis?  (maybe its just me :P)

also a few cosmetics such as the steering wheel could do with rounding off a little bit. Although you have the general shape down to a fine art! Well done!
The vehicle behaves well too and steers nicely. The accelerarion behaves a bit different to the standard jeeps which is great too.
More info as I have it
cheers again!

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #208 on: 15 Nov 2002, 19:11:01 »
Hey lilty my true  soldier altho i am still owe you a kicking in the butt next training.  ;D

Anyway I dont know if ya read your pms but here is a bit of what I think so far.

1- it drives a bit to fast but that is not a serious issue.
2- the more serious issue i think is the rear interior texturing of the floor and seats a bit to plain.
3- steering wheel which yo uhave already mentioned but i thought i'd remind you.
4- a plastic transplant for you.  ;D

Apart from that carry on soldier

CPLME
a.k.a by all mp players [RSF] SUPAFLY [MAJ]

MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #209 on: 16 Nov 2002, 13:40:18 »
basically the same as what cplme said, and you need to work on the geometr, and fire geometry lods, cos i drove my tank through the back end of this thing, without ANYTHING happening...

otherwise - GREAT WORK :D :D :D :D :D :D :D