Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: O2 setup problems solution READ THIS IF U CAN'T GET INTO O2 Due 2 Bad Setups  (Read 1049 times)

Eagles Talon

ok, i know this method of connection to the 02 setups works in win98,win me, and win 2k pro, and it can work in others as well, this is kinda technical, so ill see what visual aids i can provide....well first off, if ur in win 2k go to the c:\winnt folder (c:\windows for 98 me xp users)then find the program called regedit.exe, it's icon will look like a bunch of teal squares in a cube being assembled, double click on it....note, don't touch anything in here except what i show you, or else u can screw up ur comp (it's safe as long as u stay away from the delete key) anyway.... on the left hand tab there is a folder called HKEY_USERS, Click on the + sign next to it, next, about 2 lines down from that last one there will be a lint that has a s- and a bunch of numbers separated by -s.. ie: S-1-5-21-789336058-706699826-1343024901-1000 (that is the # on my comp...(yours may b different), now go down to the folder that says software, hit thr + sign next to it, go to bohemia Interactive studio folder and hit the + sign next to it, then go to objektive2light folder (do same as b4) then go to cconfig folder, and click on it, look to the right, u may rekognize some of this stuff from the setups right.... well to change values, dbl-click on the icons that say ab and  say...vie normals....ect...when u do that, if u want to get rid of the entry, delete the text in the edit string box that came up, to reset the whole thing to the beginning, delete all the data (ie: dbl-click on all of em and delete the data) or an easier way to do this, just select the folder cconfig and hit delect, the run o2 again, and it will be like the first time you ran it...

hope this didn't confuse you too much, ill post a pic of the registry, what it should look like once i can find somewhere to host a 150 kb jpg

Eagles Talon

i have no where 2 host a visual aid, so ill tell u an easy to find this folder...just type this in,  in the
 find function....   #Allow non-linear mapping (for background textures)   (copy and paste this)   it should send u to the correct folder, then ither delete it (u must redo ur o2 setups, or modify the bad value, most use the word on for on and then no entry for off, and the verybottom 1 called first run...u can doubleclick on ti and change the value to 0, and o2 will run as if it was the first time u ran it....

hope this helps, sorry about the visual aid prob
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2003, 14:54:06 by Eagles Talon »

Eagles Talon