Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: soldiers without racksacks.....  (Read 1438 times)

Hans Kloss

soldiers without racksacks.....
« on: 26 Feb 2003, 20:14:52 »
how  can edit default models of soldiers  to lose these racksacks ? or is that a textures that need to be changed ?

M_S_Holder

Re:soldiers without racksacks.....
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2003, 21:17:11 »
There's no easy way (that I know of).

One way:  Get the soldier demo models loaded into oxygen and remove them, then save the new model.

Laser

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2003, 15:34:51 »
There's a rather simplier way to do it (if you're not familiar with O2, that is). Just make all the texture parts responsible for your rucksacks (or whatever you may want) transparent. This can be done by tinkering with texture alpha channels. I raised a topic about this a little while back, so you might want to look around here for it...

Wires

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2003, 00:25:27 »
Are you sure about that Laser? I don't think that would work, just removing the packs form the demo soldiers is a 5min job but giving them handgun proxys, remapping textures ect takes a bit longer.

Wires

major asshole

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2003, 06:27:35 »

G'day

Laser is correct.
I've done this by editing  an odol model (fewer textures than demo models) and it worked fine. I don't and never have used O2.

L8R

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2003, 06:38:08 »
Maj. Good Person, I really think you should Try O2 some time it's loads of Fun  ;D

Wires

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2003, 06:56:54 »
If parts of the soldier models actually do disappear when using transperant textures then shoudln't it be possible to have limbs 'blow off'  ;D

Laser

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2003, 10:36:03 »
Yes, Wires, I'm pretty sure of that, 'cause I've done it myself. That definitely took longer than removing backpacks or adding proxies (I wasn't familiar with the O2 at the time), but it works.

Laser

« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2003, 10:39:48 »
Yeah, blowing off limbs would be a cool feature, Wires, if OFP would make a difference between a bullet hit and shell explosion... ;)

Wires

« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2003, 10:56:23 »
And medics could make you grow a new one straight away, the miracle of modern medicine  :o