Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Load texture problem, plz help!  (Read 950 times)

Teryan

Load texture problem, plz help!
« on: 23 Feb 2003, 06:45:56 »
I'm about to send my head thur my wall.  I've been working with o2 all day, and it's been problem after problem.  I have had this problem come and go all day, and i dont know what i am doing right/wrong.

I want to load an outline of a weapond (to use when modling.  Not on the modle).  I try to load a texture that is a .paa and it wont load.  I go up to the side view, hit A, then make a square, right click, and hit load texture, then select m40a3.paa.  Then nothing.  The corner seas: Front texture: null.

When Buldozer was not working that was!  I really dont know what is wrong.

The pic's specifications:
256x 108
in .pcc
more than 256 colors (I can't rember excaly).
54.4 kb

Any and all thanks is really apprecated!

mooncaine

Re:Load texture problem, plz help!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2003, 23:00:13 »
This may work for you [a similar thing happens to me]:

I find I cannot reuse a .pac or .paa, even though it was O2 that created it for me. If I want to map a texture, I must import a TGA.

So, even if I already have a basic_hull.paa, I still import the basic_hull.TGA that it came from ... and O2 accepts it, lets me use the image or map it to faces, etc.

It's up to me to remember to CTRL-doubleclick this "new" texture in O2's textures window, click once somewhere on the dead space of O2's interface [like the area between button groups], then press e. From there, I must change the path to reflect the actual .pac or .paa. in its proper path.